XS Power

Should I remove the 5 farad cap?

So I just got a d3400 for under the hood of my 2007 Honda accord to replace my yellow top and a d3100 for the trunk, and I'm gonna put them in as soon as I charge them up with my new hf1215. I am running two Jl audio 13"w6v2 with a powerbass Asa 1500.1d amp and my Jl audio hd600/4 for my 6x9's and 6.5's and my question is should I remove the 5 farad tsunami cap that I have in the trunk or just leave it in? In other words would it just be taking up space or would it help a little?

So I just got a d3400 for under the hood of my 2007 Honda accord to replace my yellow top and a d3100 for the trunk, and I'm gonna put them in as soon as I charge them up with my new hf1215. I am running two Jl audio 13"w6v2 with a powerbass Asa 1500.1d amp and my Jl audio hd600/4 for my 6x9's and 6.5's and my question is should I remove the 5 farad tsunami cap that I have in the trunk or just leave it in? In other words would it just be taking up space or would it help a little?

if it were me, I would take it out and sell it, since you have a rear battery, that is gonna be much better then a cap, more power for longer, and you have a good charger so those batteries are gonna be floating each night, the cap is just gonna be a drag on your system, what is your alternator size? I would take the cap out no matter what IMHO, by selling it you can recoup some of that money you spent :D

Edited by dereileak

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

if it were me, I would take it out and sell it, since you have a rear battery, that is gonna be much better then a cap, more power for longer, and you have a good charger so those batteries are gonna be floating each night, the cap is just gonna be a drag on your system, what is your alternator size? I would take the cap out no matter what IMHO, by selling it you can recoup some of that money you spent :D

Thank you! Imma take it out then. My alternator is a dc power 180 amp hp and I think the amps it puts out at idle are 130 or 120.

Edited by sticky