Sonic Electronix

Hey mates, was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to what amp to run two Dual 2 SC DD3515fs. I'm planning on running them on a Hifonics Colossus, which puts put 1600Wx2channels at 1ohm. Would this amp work (as in would I be able to wire them up right with this amp?) I don't know much about anything... But is there any other amp people would recommend? I'm looking to spend about $550-$600 on the amp/s. I've heard good things about the Colossus, and many people say it's underrated, so the price and power seems perfect for me... But if there's something better I would love to know :D

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

you spent the money on those new "SC" dd's..spend the money and get a nice one of their amps..an m3a should do the trick for the pair of em...if you don't mind me askin how much you paid more for the supercharged thing

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I plan to get a good DD amplifier eventually, but I would like to get the system done ASAP, so every dollar saved helps, as I'm working part time on minimum wage.

And the Supercharged option for my DD3515s cost about $560, with the unupgraded 3515s running at $507. So basically $53 for the upgrade, dealer didn't charge tax though.

get a dc 3.5k..they can beat aq price on the 3500.1, gonna be a little more than 600 though..but it's worth it

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Build in Progress

Is that amp .5ohm stable? I plan on running two 2ohm subs, it's not possible to run them both off an amp at 1ohm, right? I'm new to this... So wouldn't I need to run them at .5ohm?

That's why the Colossus seems so perfect. It puts out the power I'm looking for at 1ohm to both my subs, as it's a dual channel. The price is great, the power is great, but I'm not sure on the quality... That's why I'm asking all these questions :D

yeah, with good electrical it is...i'd do DD or DC though for sure..i cant honestly see myself using another brand because of the great CS and dependability/quality of DC and the pure quality of DD.

Build in Progress

Holy fuck that's expensive for 3500s

Really? I thought it was a good deal :P

Kidwell, I will definitely look into both the M3A and the DC 3.5k. My electrical system isn't going to be too beefy when I first install, stock alt and battery with a XS D3100 in the back... Plan to upgrade to HO alt and better battery for under the hood later on.