antenna question. whats the best way to get the best signal?

hey, is there any way to get better radio reception other than a longer antenna? i have a jensen vm9312hd and it has HD radio, but i hve noticed it switches from hd to regular quite often. the hd sounds so much better than regular but when it switches back and forth it sucks, plus if im listening to the music loud it cuts out and all this nasty stuff and i think its going to blow my speakers at some point. is there anything i can do to get better signal other than a longer antenna or to move the antenna to a different place.

ive had good results installing glass mount antenna's in customers cars. they're pretty small, like an antenna for an alarm and are typically amplified. not horribly expensive either. may be worth a shot :pardon:

edit. like this one

Edited by baaudio

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

can you use a splitter or Y adapter and use both??

ya im sure you could. you would just have to solder up two antenna inputs to one male plug and it would probably work. never tried it though

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

i think i might just try that.. thanks

You could get Sirius.......I got it almost a year ago and will never go back to regular edited radio, and no Howard Stern.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

i would but i dont like the fact of paying for radio.... if i was to do someting like that i could just make more play lists on my ipod and be dont but i like the radio to hear new shit. but yea... im going to try the antenna thing...

i would but i dont like the fact of paying for radio.... if i was to do someting like that i could just make more play lists on my ipod and be dont but i like the radio to hear new shit. but yea... im going to try the antenna thing...

Its like 50 dollars for a whole year and you get commercial free music on like the first 90 or sochannels, and they have plenty of new music, and tons of different categories, then you got your talk shows, stand-up, etc.... on the next 25 or so channels, then you got your news networks, and then you got your traffic and weather channels....

The main reason I hated local radio besides them playing the same thing over and over edited, was the constant commercials.....I have found so many new artists/bands that I would have never discovered without it.

Its really not that bad, if you consider the amount of stuff you have at your fingertips.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.