A friend of mine has an '90 Acura LS auto and says that his pistons are knocking every time he drives it and gets louder when he goes faster. Does anyone know what could the problem be or how to fix this problem before he buys another LS just for the engine?

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

Just by another motor for it..They are cheap..I have a good website...

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/index.php?...u28tjsbsncj6m21

See which motor he has from these on this page.. He might could run the B18 in that car. $750 B18b 1990+ towards the end of the page..there ya go.

Edited by zaxfire69

Just by another motor for it..They are cheap..I have a good website...

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/index.php?...u28tjsbsncj6m21

See which motor he has from these on this page.. He might could run the B18 in that car. $750 B18b 1990+ towards the end of the page..there ya go.

Thanks for the website but he doesn't know how to drive a clutch though. Couldn't he just change the head and instead of buyin a whole new engine or pistons/crank assembly?

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

He could but for the price of motor work and machine shop fee's he could spend the 750 and get the engine and tranny...The last engine and tranny on the 1st page is probably the one he needs...He could use just about any of these engines and trannys if he could drive stick...but being an automatic really limits which he can use...

A friend of mine has an '90 Acura LS auto and says that his pistons are knocking every time he drives it and gets louder when he goes faster. Does anyone know what could the problem be or how to fix this problem before he buys another LS just for the engine?

Kinda hard to tell without being there but, sounds like you're on the right track. If he ends up having to get a motor make sure it's the B18A. It's the correct motor for his generation of body style. The B18B is the same motor with a slight bump in compression. The B18B was used in 94 & up LS integra, and is grey plug. Your car is white plug, so you would have to swap some different parts including the intake manifold. Your intake mani has lots of vacume hoses visible on it vs the 94 & up that does not. So just to be clear , you can use the B18B motor, you just have to change over a few of your origional parts to the newer motor. Pm me if you need more help

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

the problem is he doesnt let the car warm up and build oil pressure.. I had a built up 87 integra. the lower end went out on it. Just go to autozone or kragen and get a main bearing kit. it comes with 4 bearings. grab some engine grease and use it when replacing them. it will prevent any damage occuring to the bearings when you start it for the first time.

i had the same problem. except i broke my timing belt, and fucked over all my valves. so, when i was getting the head revalved and such, i shaved my head .30 thousands of an inch for my torque and compression. i didnt rebuilt my lower end at the same time. It is a 50.00 fix.

DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR or start it.. put it up on ramps A.S.A.P.. you are in danger of throwing a rod the block.. i learned this the hard way :) then i had to buy a new motor. it was 780.00.

drain the oil. take off the oil pan, and replace the bearing one at time. use grease. it is a 45 minute job. buy a chilton book to make sure yopu get the torque setting for them bearings, and then put the oil pan back on. Put oil in it. and start letting your car warm up 10-15 minutes in the mornning before driving on it... makes your lower end live longer. :)

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend