good single din HU

so instead of getting another battery i decided to get a new HU. i currently have a 3 year old sony explode and neadless to say it blows major dick. im just lookin for some ideas of decent units for $200 and under. really i dont need that many feauters, i already have a clarion eq. i would like a phase option but its not needed. and really thats it. o and it has to be somehow ipod capable. thanks guys. and blue illuminated if poissible (blue theme throughout my car)

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Not sure if they still have it or not, but you can check out the Pioneer 6200bt. Great price and seemed to have some good features. I was going to pick this up for my wagon, but would like to do the whole system, and just dont have that type of money right now.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I've got a JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69...about $150 depending where you buy it. 5 volt pre-outs, though only 2 sets of them, USB interface w/iPod control, a really slick Burr Brown DAC (look it up), and a tri-color LED faceplate that lets it match any color scheme.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

yea i only need 1 output seeing as how im using an eq. and how is the jvc? i always thought there products were lests say less then par. and ight matt ima check out pioneers in general. im mainly lookin at pioneer and alpine (great HUs for the price i hear) ive just never ever been in the radio department so idk alot about them. im more into "spl" actully i have nothing sq related but idk if thats helpfull or not lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

'Arsenal' is JVC's premium line- think Kenwood Excelon or Pioneer Premier. It's definitely a solid radio- the quality coming from a USB-connected iPod is amazing, and the internal amp isn't bad at all. One thing I like about it over some other radios is that it actually charges the iPod when it's plugged in- overall I'm very happy with it.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

'Arsenal' is JVC's premium line- think Kenwood Excelon or Pioneer Premier. It's definitely a solid radio- the quality coming from a USB-connected iPod is amazing, and the internal amp isn't bad at all. One thing I like about it over some other radios is that it actually charges the iPod when it's plugged in- overall I'm very happy with it.

wow thats actully reallycool to know. and on to a dumb question. the reason my im getting a new radio is becuase my sony seems to clip even at low volume levels. can tht be because its old and falling apart? or i wont know untill i hook up a o scope to it?

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

wow thats actully reallycool to know. and on to a dumb question. the reason my im getting a new radio is becuase my sony seems to clip even at low volume levels. can tht be because its old and falling apart? or i wont know untill i hook up a o scope to it?

Nope old sony hu's tend do that whats the model number? If it has a d-bass function then the clipping should be from that

Kenwood KDC-BT945U is the deck I installed on my girls jeep. has nice functions, plus the built in blue-tooth was a nice touch.

2009 Hyundai Accent GL

Alpine CDA 9884

Rockford Fosgate Wire

Rockford Fosgate 501bd

Soundstream 12 Reference

Hifonics Zeus ZXI 6410

Rockford Fosgate T1652

Rockford Fosgate T152

XBL: NW Livin Loud

idk the model just that its an explode and like 3 years old. im lookin for a reliable unit that wont fuck up my shit lol...and ok mac ima look into the kdc models. thanks

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas