Sonic Electronix

With the XL I'd stick with the AQ 2200 for the price. Just because I don't know you're skill level or if you have an oscope and the AQ will tell you when you're clipping so no real need to have a scope IMO.

If you don't use the gain knob as a volume knob you could probably get away with a 3.5k.

Make your box around 4 - 5 cubes if you go with the 2200, tuned at 35 hz with 80 - 100 square inches of port.

If you go with something larger, 3 - 3.5 cubes. Same tuning and 50 - 75 square inches of port

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Then you don't know much.

you dont think a XL would handle that power in the correct enclosure?

i shouldnt have said "overpower" i dont think an AQ2200 would really push an XL to its thermal limits. but i know next to nothing. so you are correct there.

should also say i have zero experience with either product. just my general readings have led me to my suggestions.

i dont think it was necessary to just blatantly say that, maybe if it was followed by an explanation, but otherwise, you are just being a dick to someone trying to help.

way to go.

I have a large knowledge base about electrical systems, subs, etc. I have an accessible o-scope, so over-setting the gains is not an issue. The size enclosure I planned to make was going to be in the 4 cuft area tuned to around 34 hz. (Any input on aeroports?) I know when a sub is being pushed beyond it's limits, I just want to know what the DC can realistically take, as I've never heard of them until I joined the SMD forums. As well, I just happen to stumble over the T3 T.2000 last night while browsing the internet. Would anyone recommend the T3 over DC or vice-versa? Thanks.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

The T2000 is a very legit and performance driven sub. But the XL still takes the cake hands down in my opinion.

And this has nothing to do with who knows more, or who is smarter than everyone else. Not the case here at all, but there are some things which are common sense. If you have experience, then obviously the larger the enclosure the less control the driver is able to maintain. The smaller the enclosure the more control its able to keep so you can't expect to pls e the XL into a large enclosure and then more than double its RMS.

And more power than less power I find kind of noobish. I can underpower certain drivers, compensate with the enclosure, and perform very well. The problem is people think they need 15,000 watts to be loud.

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Buy as much power as you can afford and your car can handle. Headroom is always better than trying to get louder by pushing an insufficient amp past it's limits. Whether or not you'll need that much is irrelevant, you'll have it in case you do, and you'll have more power for future upgrades(which we know you'll eventually want). Find a good deal on a pair of M3's? Screw it, go for it. Dynamics, dynamics, dynamics...

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

And more power than less power I find kind of noobish. I can underpower certain drivers, compensate with the enclosure, and perform very well. The problem is people think they need 15,000 watts to be loud.

You feel kind of noobish? This equates to me not knowing much?

Yes you can underpower "certain" drivers and have the perform "well"

this is one of the most generalized statements ive ever heard, especially coming from someone that stated you needed every detail of his install and skill level before giving suggestions...

yeah you can have an underpowered sub sound great in a big ol box. But it wont have nearly the output of a sub with copious amounts of power in a perfect box, nor will it sound as good (keep in mind i said perfect box)

I said nothing about box size, simply said more power is better then less power. all things being equal.

i guess that makes me a noob.

Sometimes you do ^^^

LOL, point taken. I went from 12,000rms to 21,000rms, and now to 10,500rms and can say....very happy right here, lol.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?