Sonic Electronix

2 jl 13.5 w1s LOUDER than a single 18" woofer..

what i dont understand is how does my friend have 2 jl 13.5 w1s 700rms.. and i have a 18" 1200rms and his is still louder.

l.jpg

168016_170510932994073_100001055036640_381704_4146079_n.jpg

his is made with 1" thick wood and mine was made with 0.75" thick wood

his sounds like bass demanding massive sound pressure everywhere.. this is what it did..

and i think because my box in my boot so its like a seperate apartment.. but still dont know why mine isnt as loud.. i bet if i put my sub/amp in his ute it would be louder.. but idk..

he also put a w7 in that box and covered the other hole and it was even louder!

both boxes are tuned around the same, mines a bit small coz i cant fit any bigger in my boot

this is the type of bass im talking about..

this is what im sposed to get.. bass just fills the whole car and covers the whole block< thats what he told me..

and also when your sitting in there and its turned up you can feel the seat just vibrate really hard and the bass just hurts ur throat and you can feel it in your stomach.. and it opened up his glove box lol. but ye thats the kind of bass i should be getting.. i love it when its that loud!

Edited by pknubsalday

Look at the two ways they are laid out his is in a small space it seems and yours is ported to the back seal it off to the front then see

that was a fast reply.. i knew this was the right place to get answers!

Haha yeah well ive been away for a couple weeks and i need to help someone out but honestly i think if you seal the trunk off and port forward youll see a good difference

what do you mean by seal the trunk off?

Ya his is in an airspace that is probably half that of yours. If you face it into the car, fold the back seat down, and seal it off you should see a substantial difference in a positive way. Plus he has 286.13 in^2 of cone area and you have 254.34 in^2 of cone area. So technically he has more cone area since they are 13.5's

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)