Snake Eye Security Screws

I prefer to use Robertson screws (square hole), since they don't strip as easily as snake eyes, and are difficult to remove with common tools...thieves don't usually carry a robertson bit, but they all carry phillips and allen bits

Okay thanks man I'll check out Robertson screws

cougarlogobaby.png

2 18's Wall Build Under Construction

My YouTube

2000 Mercury Cougar Build Log

If your that paranoid, just get a chain and wrap it around the basket and to the frame of the car, and lock it up.

Kinda like a beefy as chastity belt for your sub?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

For like 4 bucks you can get a set of bits with everything under the sun in it.

Are you really that worried about someone running off down the street with a BTL under their arm? If they have long enough with the vehicle to unscrew a big-ass sub from the box then you're pretty screwed (excuse the pun) anyway.

EDIT: If they get pissed off they'll jam a crowbar/claw hammer under it and just pull hard. Then it's a battle between the MDF, the screw and the basket... and since you've probably built a strong box and you're gonna use big screws, you'll just come out in the morning to a smashed up sub.

Somebody ran down the street with an m2a and a triple layered top baffle with 4 level 3 12's in it last Tuesday night, i swear to god they were fuckin ninjas or somethin..they HAD to crowbar that baffle off..and they left a bunch of fuckin wires laying everywhere..pisses me off so much..I left a shitty old prefab with some walmart sub in the back of my car for 2 nights with it unlocked and stayed up all night both nights hoping I'd get the chance to castrate one of those motherfuckers.

But on topic...just get a good alarm, that's what I'm doing now..and some kind of battle-ax type thing since I'm not old enough to buy a gun

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

For like 4 bucks you can get a set of bits with everything under the sun in it.

Are you really that worried about someone running off down the street with a BTL under their arm? If they have long enough with the vehicle to unscrew a big-ass sub from the box then you're pretty screwed (excuse the pun) anyway.

EDIT: If they get pissed off they'll jam a crowbar/claw hammer under it and just pull hard. Then it's a battle between the MDF, the screw and the basket... and since you've probably built a strong box and you're gonna use big screws, you'll just come out in the morning to a smashed up sub.

Somebody ran down the street with an m2a and a triple layered top baffle with 4 level 3 12's in it last Tuesday night, i swear to god they were fuckin ninjas or somethin..they HAD to crowbar that baffle off..and they left a bunch of fuckin wires laying everywhere..pisses me off so much..I left a shitty old prefab with some walmart sub in the back of my car for 2 nights with it unlocked and stayed up all night both nights hoping I'd get the chance to castrate one of those motherfuckers.

But on topic...just get a good alarm, that's what I'm doing now..and some kind of battle-ax type thing since I'm not old enough to buy a gun

They should do a TV show like this. Sorta like bait-car. Except leave a car with expensive subs sitting on the seats, and when the thieves take off with the subs, spray a couple rounds at them.

• 2 weeks later...

i use carriage bolts in my civic to bolt my box down with connecting bars in the box and underneath the car with weather stripping to prevent noise. cheap and easy to do

87 gmc s15- 6 AB dx 12s-AB 150.1-AB 75.1-AB sq480

extras-crossfire/sundown 15-diamond audio d2 12-AB vfl 1000(hc502)-mtx 2300x

Archived