Sundown Audio

Right Amp For Re Sx 18?

REAudio50

kinda funny yall lay into him the same way i used to lay into people and yall would call me an asshole for it , but its ok now.

Hell least he didnt act like a know it all and asked you guys the questions rather then ask and then say, "yea well im going to do it anyways".

For the original Poster, you dont "need " over 1k rms on your sx18, going from a 10w7 to a 18sx will be a large sound difference in itself, also what coil config is your SX? Your amp looks to be only 1000w rms at 2ohm and only 2ohm stable, hope you have a D4 SX so you dont fry the amp rather then the sub or both.

Yea thats the other problem I have with the amp im runnin right now. Its not 1 ohm stable. So I need to get a new amp as soon as I can. So any recommendations for good amps would be greatly appreciated. Another main question for everyone. Is the JL Audio 1000/1 amp stable at 1 ohm??

JL Audio XR 6.5 Components

Pioneer Head Unit

JL Audio e4300 amplifier

RE Audio SX 18

US Amps Xterminator XT4000d amp

Stinger 1.2 farad Capacitor

Optima Yellow top battery

Here is a question about the US Amps XT-1000D amp. It says its a 1000 watt amp but then it says its RMS is 600 watt RMS at 1 ohm. How does an amp have RMS also? I thought that subs were the ones that were. Can someone explain this to me?

Pioneer Head Unit

JL Audio e4300 amplifier

RE Audio SX 18

Guest MegaloManiac

Yea thats the other problem I have with the amp im runnin right now. Its not 1 ohm stable. So I need to get a new amp as soon as I can. So any recommendations for good amps would be greatly appreciated. Another main question for everyone. Is the JL Audio 1000/1 amp stable at 1 ohm??

well to answer your question, no i dont think it is 1 ohm stable, lowest is 1.5.

now to adlib to it: whats unique about JLs slash series amp is it puts out the same rating through the impedances, highly regulated power. So in reality you shouldnt need to ask if its 1 ohm stable(if you have a d2 sub) cause you can still wire it at 4 ohms and get same power :P

I have yet another question. I was lookin at the Fi Car audio website and saw the 18 Fi Btl's were 2000 watt max but Meade runs like 3000 watts to em. Is that tearing the shit out of em or can those subs just with stand more than what their site says?

Pioneer Head Unit

JL Audio e4300 amplifier

RE Audio SX 18

Guest MegaloManiac

the BTL is not your ordinary sub. Its an "Extreme " sub. the 2k is the recommended amount of power for daily use. the btl can handle a lot more power, however u have to be an excellent box designer to do so. 2k+ watts is no joke, you have to be prepared.

Archived