better btl ?

heckvr4

A 8 layer bifilar parallel coil..isn't going to get you ahead of a 4 layer true dual coil with bigger wire in the gap..

Motor force will actually go down..and your inductance will go up..people get confused with adding layers on coils...with 'better motor force'..

:pardon:

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

hmm..

what about if the 8layer coil has bigger wire in the gap ?

dont that mean more motor force.

sorry , i feel like a kindergarden boy asking how babys are born.. LOL

It's not bigger wire...it's a bifilar coil that is wired in parallel. Quad 2 in parallel..

The wire that was in it is a flattened round wire that ends up being significantly larger...whats in it now will step motor force back..there is not as much material in the gap..

Less material in a gap = less the motor can act on.

Aside from that..wire wound on a former acts like a fuse. When you use smaller winds and slap a great high current amplifier design that's ever so popular these days the wire pops like a fuse..which is why we use such a huge wire..and don't use smaller bifilar winds..

If you don't kill tinsel leads you will pop the coil..if you don't pop the coil you will pop the tinsel leads..

Or we could do what pro sound does and start making amps that are worth buying and are configured in a 2-4ohm high voltage situation. Go look at pro audio and see how big of wire they have on those formers...and look at the amplifiers that they make. You can pickup a europower 4000 for around 500 bucks.

But..we don't do high voltage because it is "expensive" to make for a car..it's easier to go down the high current cheap imported power route :).

Being a lemming gets you no where fast..but one thing is nearly guaranteed, they always eventually fall off of a cliff.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Another thing I would like to add is that just because you see person A putting 50,000 watts to a coil, does not mean you can do the same thing as well. As you can tell by now since you have a btl with a unwound coil. This is why we STRESS SO MUCH to alot of people to stick with the manufacture specifications, because of situations just like this. Now you want to go out and upgrade a sub with parts that you have no clue about to only have it blow again. Stick with the manufacture specs, but knowing most folks, there is a good chance that you will not listen. So I'll sit back, let you upgrade the sub, throw another 4500 watts at it, and then ask Nick to take me out for vodka when it comes back blown again.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Archived