bre2ts Posted March 24, 2011 Report Posted March 24, 2011 As for the swimming part you can swim well but how long/far/fast? In SERE you Jhansi be able to swim far distances fast for long periods of time. Gets pretty exhausting. If you want to do SF without swimming there is TACP. Their slogan is "the air force is looking for a few goodnmen to join the army" or something lime that because they work more with the army than they do with the AF Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
bre2ts Posted March 24, 2011 Report Posted March 24, 2011 Man SERE. Known a few people that did that. IIRC there 3 of them. Or maybe 2. One easier than the other. I was told that they are allowed to break a small joint (finger). Pretty much they torture you and are allowed to. To an extent. Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
94retta(219) Posted March 24, 2011 Author Report Posted March 24, 2011 Turbine's.... Yuuummm sorry i have a weak spot for planes. dad builds them so iv allways been around them. Thad be awsome workin on trent 750s and all them rolls engins. You only see ge turbins tho right? Yea I am in the AF after I washed out of SERE I got reclassed to AGE... I work on diesel engines, hydraulics, turbine engines, air conditioners, and a bunch of other shit basically a jack of all trades in the maintenance world. BUILD LOG
bre2ts Posted March 25, 2011 Report Posted March 25, 2011 Negative don't work on planes. The turbine engines I work on are much smaller. They are for -95s and -60s which provide bleed air and/or power to the air craft for when APUs are inop Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
94retta(219) Posted March 25, 2011 Author Report Posted March 25, 2011 TACP? As for the swimming part you can swim well but how long/far/fast? In SERE you Jhansi be able to swim far distances fast for long periods of time. Gets pretty exhausting. If you want to do SF without swimming there is TACP. Their slogan is "the air force is looking for a few goodnmen to join the army" or something lime that because they work more with the army than they do with the AF BUILD LOG
Chaise Posted March 25, 2011 Report Posted March 25, 2011 Man SERE. Known a few people that did that. IIRC there 3 of them. Or maybe 2. One easier than the other. I was told that they are allowed to break a small joint (finger). Pretty much they torture you and are allowed to. This. I've talked to SERE washouts that have seen trainees who happen to be giant (because virtually every special forces trainee is giant, muscle wise...compared to me) get thrown up against trees and forced to eat raw wild animals. But I could be wrong. EDIT: TACP stands for Tactical Air Control Party. They go on the front lines with a bunch of fancy equipment and "mark" targets for jets to take out. Their jobs obviously requires them to get very close to the enemy target. A guy I went to HS with is in TACP and he showed me a video of some of his "work". Pretty sweet stuff, but also the training is INTENSE. I like the oldschool one.. Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe Loud as F**K Just kidding
94retta(219) Posted March 25, 2011 Author Report Posted March 25, 2011 That still sounds awsome. Negative don't work on planes. The turbine engines I work on are much smaller. They are for -95s and -60s which provide bleed air and/or power to the air craft for when APUs are inop BUILD LOG
sschrader Posted March 25, 2011 Report Posted March 25, 2011 Yes get your diploma. You can always check out this http://www.armycorrespondencecourses.net/?p=255 where you pretty much get paid to get your GED while enlisting in the Army. I've been in for 8 years. Call a recruiter and ask about it. And don't believe anything they say, ha ha. If you want a survival type job, enlist as a 11b. Infantry, most the time it sucks, but it'll be the best time of your life, if you're really kick ass right from basic they might send you to Airborne or Air Assault school, maybe even Ranger. But anyway, I love the Army, I'm still an 11b but work in a supply section. Enlist now, get paid while getting everything from free while living on base somewhere, blow all your money on car stereo stuff and retire in 20 years. Plus free medical and dental. And 30 days of vacation a year. Ha ha, I sound like a recruiter, some join and hate it, some love it.
bre2ts Posted March 25, 2011 Report Posted March 25, 2011 Man SERE. Known a few people that did that. IIRC there 3 of them. Or maybe 2. One easier than the other. I was told that they are allowed to break a small joint (finger). Pretty much they torture you and are allowed to. This. I've talked to SERE washouts that have seen trainees who happen to be giant (because virtually every special forces trainee is giant, muscle wise...compared to me) get thrown up against trees and forced to eat raw wild animals. But I could be wrong. With us we were given live rabbits for food and we had to kill them ourselves and eat em it's pretty fucking gross but if you think about in a real world situation where you would have to it wouldn't be a question of gross or not it would be about survival. Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
94retta(219) Posted March 25, 2011 Author Report Posted March 25, 2011 See this sounds perfect. Lol Yes get your diploma. You can always check out this http://www.armycorrespondencecourses.net/?p=255 where you pretty much get paid to get your GED while enlisting in the Army. I've been in for 8 years. Call a recruiter and ask about it. And don't believe anything they say, ha ha. If you want a survival type job, enlist as a 11b. Infantry, most the time it sucks, but it'll be the best time of your life, if you're really kick ass right from basic they might send you to Airborne or Air Assault school, maybe even Ranger. But anyway, I love the Army, I'm still an 11b but work in a supply section. Enlist now, get paid while getting everything from free while living on base somewhere, blow all your money on car stereo stuff and retire in 20 years. Plus free medical and dental. And 30 days of vacation a year. Ha ha, I sound like a recruiter, some join and hate it, some love it. BUILD LOG
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.