Second Skin Audio

Tapped horn??

zfrerichs

I like Martin King, because he will at least listen to you once, and talk to you once lol. We exchanged emails actually a couple times, and I tried to talk to him on AOL. He can care less about car audio, and his idea on a transmission line isn't what we think of in the car audio world. He does a long box with a actual Port at the end, woofer at the opposing end

I hate to say this, and would never want to recommend him, but Pete , the Pete from Hexi is the best guy to ask about the true benefits, and actual testing of a tapped horn/line

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i actually downloaded that software today

I am currently reading on tapped horn on another forum, and the guy talked about another guy named tom danley i think, which is funny cause i saved a bunch of pdfs today made by danley soundlabs, so maybe i should research those and see what i can figure out. Been busy today so havent got to read much, basically just did some research to find stuff to read about this topic, as well as T-Lines and other types of horns, but havent got the chance to read any of my findings

Kynto, 4th order tlines are very simple once you built a couple with scrap wood. They perfect where transmission lines lack at in car OR home

The delay between the cone and the port is canceled, because well, it no longer exists. So all you have to concentrate on is a frequency length, and then the roll off in the sealed box

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I like Martin King, because he will at least listen to you once, and talk to you once lol. We exchanged emails actually a couple times, and I tried to talk to him on AOL. He can care less about car audio, and his idea on a transmission line isn't what we think of in the car audio world. He does a long box with a actual Port at the end, woofer at the opposing end

I hate to say this, and would never want to recommend him, but Pete , the Pete from Hexi is the best guy to ask about the true benefits, and actual testing of a tapped horn/line

LOL

I am looking at all of his horn style boxes right now from his work blog, lol

I even took a look on his forum, not much going on there, im not sure how much he is willing to drop knowledge on this sort of thing, but i may give it a go emailing him or posting on his forum

Kynto, 4th order tlines are very simple once you built a couple with scrap wood. They perfect where transmission lines lack at in car OR home

The delay between the cone and the port is canceled, because well, it no longer exists. So all you have to concentrate on is a frequency length, and then the roll off in the sealed box

I assume by 4th order thats the same thing as bandpass, lol sorry im noob

now the roll off, would that be the difference form the response of the sealed box and the response of the T-Line, I know you wouldn't want a gap in response, so they need to over lap slightly maybe?

The one i currently have designed, is tuned high and peaks at 52 Hz, where as the T-Line is tuned to 32-35 Hz i believe

This particular design is the one im interested most in getting to work for my car, all the dimensions work for me, just gotta make sure everything else falls into place as well, LOL

The line may be a little long, and will more than likely play lower than you expect it to play.

I usually stick to around 40hz, and you will hear well down in the 20hz range in car

sundown.jpg

The line may be a little long, and will more than likely play lower than you expect it to play.

I usually stick to around 40hz, and you will hear well down in the 20hz range in car

Thats an easy fix then, i only tuned it there cause Fs of the sub was 30-31

i assume changing the length of the line will not affect the sealed part of the enclosure

sundown.jpg

Warning:

Goverment studies have proven horn loudspeakers are addicting and may lead to intense, uncontrollable musical bliss.

^^^ lol

edit- This is the guy I was looking for. He is the reason I tried tapped horns

http://www.cowanaudio.com/

sundown.jpg

Warning:

Goverment studies have proven horn loudspeakers are addicting and may lead to intense, uncontrollable musical bliss.

^^^ lol

edit- This is the guy I was looking for. He is the reason I tried tapped horns

http://www.cowanaudio.com/

they sure are cool :)

thinking I need to build an 8'' 1/2 wave horn for my durango see if I can get some good reaction video's

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived