zfrerichs

im quite interested on this also

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

watching for an answer on this one

the only horn ive seen on here was done by Pioneer~Saturn

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

• 2 months later...

that wass the saturn death horn wasnt it?

funny thing, i actually did a lot of googling on tapped horn theory just today, lol, got a bunch of pdfs saved, however i believe those refer to more home audio usage of it rather than car audio

i know foreverbumpn at one point was playing around with horn design, had a nice sketch up of it, but not sure if anything came of it

ive been told about tapering and such, but never seen much on tapped horn

is that anything like read or front loaded horn designs?

im mainly interested in the math involved, lol but would also like to learn more about the design stage itself

everything i found referenced home audio use, and ken (foreverbumpn) once told me they are different applications so they will not be done in the same manner (that was when i in quired about 1/4 wave TLines)

I emailed that guy today, martin king, he said that nothing he has written really applies much to car audio, as he is only interested in home audio, it would be different trying to do the similar boxes for car audio use

it's the same thing, all it changes is how you design it, same principles apply. in a house you would want it to peak much lower in car than in car

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I learned quarter wave design due to frustration of the algebraic formulas.

I tell alot of people my story on them, and alot of people dont care, or dont believe me, but I followed my old bosses footsteps in speaker box experimental designs. He wrote the Soundstream book, "Heavyweight boxing" He designed well over 200 boxes, and hand built and tested all of them. It took him he said 7 years. I followed his idea, I did 150+ designs in 3 years while I worked under him. First 50 boxes were just ported and band pass, I eventually started to mess with transmission line, horn, folded horn, 4th and 6th order quarter waves.

Each one of these boxes were swept on a crown high power test amp, with a tone generator, and then went up to LMS testing to find impedance, and some boxes even took the time to RTA.

One box design I came in to very late was tapped horns. I had quit my job, and was no longer accessing the fancy software I had at the speaker shop.

A tapped horn in a horn configuration is for larger cars or rooms do to the flare of the horn. But in a transmission line- constant line, its a slightly different story. a constant line you could probably come up with a pretty tough tapped- LINE that is usable in a car.

But a problem with quarter wave boxes has always been the delay of the cone and the exit of the port, they were always a full cycle off. You would hear the cone, then the bass.

So with this I experimented a lot more with Transmission line band passes. This resolved that problem.

In a way, a tapped horn does this as well. The cone in the line itself, its a lot harder to determine cone noise/delay, and with the sub being in the line, the air pressure is built up more, so you get more of a pressure build up. And also, well, the main part, it keeps the woofer cone, and port exit in phase with eachother

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

it's the same thing, all it changes is how you design it, same principles apply. in a house you would want it to peak much lower in car than in car

i only repeated what the creator of that web site told me, lol

also ken thats cool, im tying to figure out the whole T-Line bandpass design myself right now

what was the software called that you used?

i supposed there are not any read ups on this in the way that your tutorial on T-Lines it, where its broken down to be understood easier?

Archived