MrGrey13 Posted March 28, 2011 Author Report Posted March 28, 2011 i found another durango near me thats black and in decent condition. i just have to wait till the tenth for my check so i can put a down payment on it. here is what i looks like. its all stock.... for now... haha and here is a pic of the stock dash set up... and here is what i have planned, a 7 inch touch screen dvd player with my fusion head unit below it to control the volume and everything else. and maybe do the popular cigarette lighter as bass knob mod. this is the fusion head unit. the front folds down to reveal a spot you can dock any ipod, it pulls all the music up onto the screen. its probably the coolest head unit ive seen, besides touch screens... haha Durango build log
MrGrey13 Posted March 28, 2011 Author Report Posted March 28, 2011 just to show you guys im still serious about this build here are some pics of what i have so far. box for fusion head unit... faceplate with carbon fiber decals i put on there. empty ipod dock in the head unit. ipod dock with ipod touch inside. street glow music interface for the led's that are going in the box and around the interior of the car... and for those of you who want to know what the desk looks like in the background... i have a build log on here somewhere... haha Durango build log
MrGrey13 Posted April 2, 2011 Author Report Posted April 2, 2011 i have been working my ass of the past week. i even worked on my day off... but i did manage to get some car audio stuff done, its on the car im driving right now. just wanted to replace the 6x9's the 6.5's will be next when they come in... the stock speakers, and the sound dedner is coming off some haha looks like i didnt clean it good enough old vs new new in and playing!! took out the inner grill cuz the tweeters hit it but i also like how you can see them now. Durango build log
MrGrey13 Posted April 6, 2011 Author Report Posted April 6, 2011 so ive been looking around and figured i would jump on the band wagon with everyone else... instead of using fusion subs im going with two fi bl 15's. i kept looking at the fusion specs for the subs and even though they look like they are built good i just didnt like the lower rms rating, and honestly i want my system loud as shit!! ill still be using fusion components and amps for the mids and highs but i might use an AQ amp for the subs... we will see when the time gets closer!! hopefully i will be buying my durango sometime next week Durango build log
MrGrey13 Posted April 6, 2011 Author Report Posted April 6, 2011 so now im completely confused on what to get. i really want to use just one company for the whole system. i dont care about the HU, i just want the speakers, subs, and amps to match... so now im thinking about using all Audio Que but idk how the component speakers are, they look nice so if anyone is using them or know anything about them let me know please!! Durango build log
Forevrbumpn Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 I could build you some really nice lime green subs The box design doesnt look to bad, but yeah, sub up, port back would be a better way to go I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Forevrbumpn Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 Oh, and I do not like Fusion whatsoever but the ipod deck isnt that bad of an idea I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
MrGrey13 Posted April 6, 2011 Author Report Posted April 6, 2011 I could build you some really nice lime green subs The box design doesnt look to bad, but yeah, sub up, port back would be a better way to go thanks for the offer man but i think im going with Audio Que all around now, ill keep the fusion deck but i decided fusion does suck, all the ratings for power are so messed up haha. Durango build log
MrGrey13 Posted April 11, 2011 Author Report Posted April 11, 2011 no updates yet, i did install some 6.5's in the car cuz the ones i had in there were cheap and bottomed out constantly!! ive also decided to go will all audio que i know i said that already ^^ but im going with one (for now) hdc315 woofer and the 2200 amp with maybe 6 components, two pair in the front doors and one pair in the back. the start of this build will be slow so be paitient!! Durango build log
AdamTheAudioMan Posted April 11, 2011 Report Posted April 11, 2011 nice box design UNDER-CONSTRUCTION ''Old School Build'' maybe it sounds like an 18 cause theres 3 fucking "port" holes ghetto drilled in the "box" 190 db when your done? Yea that's the lowest decibal ill be satisfied with when I'm done like I said its stage one and I lost my job u guys should consider shit instead of just talk it lmao
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.