Sundown Audio

jl 500/1

MustangGT

Ok I checked my manual and it sais if the battery voltage drops below 10 volts the entire amplifier will shut off to protect itself. Ill check the wiring thing but I'm pretty sure you need O guage wire depending on how many feet your amp is from the battery and then since I'm pretty sure your amp doesn't fit O guage then you could do like me and I have 0 guage from the batt to the trunk and then a fuse holder in between and then from the other side the wire turns into 4guage. I hope this makes sence

Ok its kinda long but this is what the manual sais and like I said yours is more than likely the same. Run power wire from the battery location to the amplifier location, taking care to route it in such a way that it will not be damaged and will not interfere with vehicle operation. 4awg is recomemded for wire runs greater than 72 inces in length. Use of 8awg "I don't think this one applies to your amp though" power wire is acceptable for shorter runs, such as from a power distribution block to the amplifier or from a trunk mounted battery. Use a 2awg or 1/0 awg main power wire with a power distribution block when additional amplifiers are being installed with the hd600/4 and powered from the same main power wire.

Archived