Sundown Audio

JL 500/1 Amp Settings

Baydestrian

Other recent thread made me go to my car and look to see what the shop had my settings as (for over a year now).

Preamp Filter Freq was at 45 and I moved down to 40, not sure exactly what it should be. Looking at JL site this is useless in my set up.

Infrasonic was at 30 and I turned it to 22, maybe I can even just turn it off since I'm not running a ported box (JL High Output Dual Box in sig pic). I have been able to play 28hz notes though so that's weird.

Bass Boost was at +2/3 so I turned it to 0. Bass EQ is on, Q is at maybe .9 or 1.0, Center is about 32. Should I just turn off the Bass EQ?

LP Filter was at 65, I moved it to 80.

I usually have my Sub Level on my deck at +5 and it sounds fine.

1301194084.jpg

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

umm, to me i think the amp u got's crossover is kinda like the crossover in my 3way inline xover, with the low pass filter u got a bass boost for the certian freq, and then the other knob might be a delay i dunno

umm, with a sub sonic filter, mine goes down to 20htz i keep it about 25-30 due to my subs like the lows but im afraid it might bottom out as it already had hella coil run when i fixed the surround

haha ur amp has to many adjustments lol

imo ied just turn the gain up a lil bit and play around with each one just to see what difference it made, thats how i figured out my amp

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Just tested it out with the settings above and damn, my shit is hitting harder now (feels more violent and louder) AND I'm barely getting any voltage drop. Still have to see how my light flicker is on songs with punchy bass

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Yeah, to me it felt a bit more violent and deeper, also turned my Sub Level down to +3

Also, I can now play that 24hz (IIRC) note on OJ's "Old School Cars", used to barely be audible before

Didn't touch the gain, looks like its up about a qtr, my deck has 4v preouts

2015 Mazda 6

Just found this on the JL site, tells you what each thing does, even has a some setup guides below

el oh el, forgot to link: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps_pages.php?page_id=30

2015 Mazda 6

Gave it a full listen on the way home at 70+ mph, it's actually a just a tad quieter but the bass sounds a lot cleaner

2015 Mazda 6

I can't tell you what settings would sound best for you, in your car, with your setup, so I can only suggest for you to play with the settings until it sounds good. Besides, I don't know what all that infrasonic filter, Q, and all that shit is anyway :ehh:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Archived