First Time 'Chopping'

1. 1. What do you think?

• I like it.
    • Not feeling it.

Hmm I didn't know that there was a proper way to chop... geez...

I didn't really intend on trying to do anything "proper" with it as this is the only song I've ever wanted to chop. I didn't like any version that I found, not even yours, so I simply made my own and thought I'd share it. And the BPM of this song is way too slow to do it right, so I just threw the notion of doing it the right way to the wind.

I wanted to find the instrumental and the A Capella track and just chop the vocals and match the beat of the song to it, but there are no instrumental and A Capella versions of In The Air Tonight, and most of the instruments have a bandwidth within that of the vocal track so removing the vocals wasn't an option, hence why I just randomly copped the music up too, so that when the vocals and music were chopped at the same time it wouldn't seem as messy.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

You asked for opinions... i gave it.

Saying not knowing there was a proper way to chop is like saying you didnt know there was a proper way to play guitar. There are techniques when it comes to all music theory.

If you don't like criticism don't ask for it. You have to take the bad with the good.

Edited by z_ro

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

I'm not sour about your comments, dude. It's just that when I typed that it what I said came out a little rough cuz I needed to get ready for work when I was writing that, so I didn't have a chance to check over what I wrote, lol.

My goal with this song wasn't to chop the beats, but to 'chop' the vocals. I liked how BigPimpin91's original version sounded, but I had only heard about 30 seconds of it but could never find the full version it, so I just made one to my liking. I probably never would have did my version if I had actually found his, lol.

However it did kind of seem like you just started ranting cuz I didn't do it the right way. I didn't realize that there was so much involved with chopping beats, but doing C&S music isn't really my cup of tea, and this is probably the only song I'd ever do. I realize from what you explained that it technically isn't chopping, but then what exactly would I call it? I think a thread title of "First Time Cutting Up A Song To Make The Vocalist Repeat Himself" Would be a little farcical. :lol:

I appreciate the info though.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want