jmilch Posted March 28, 2011 Report Posted March 28, 2011 I'm looking for some decent 6.5" and 6x9's I have no depth limit on the 6x9, but I have a 3.5" depth limit on the 6.5" Looking to spend under $200 for both sets together. I may also run component amp soon, but currently I only have a amp on the sub... so wattage should be around 2-300W max Thanks for any help Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |
jconnway Posted March 28, 2011 Report Posted March 28, 2011 just as a general suggestion, i'd advise running sets that match each other. so try to stick to say pioneer 6x9s and 6.5s. coincidently, there are some real nice components you can grab for around 200 (one set of each)... check my build log in the sig Full Pioneer Build 4 Per Door - Front Door Build Up
jmilch Posted March 28, 2011 Author Report Posted March 28, 2011 just as a general suggestion, i'd advise running sets that match each other. so try to stick to say pioneer 6x9s and 6.5s. coincidently, there are some real nice components you can grab for around 200 (one set of each)... check my build log in the sig I've never heard that before. I've actually heard some companies make better speakers in different sizes. It would keep things simple though. I am not looking for something to blow the competition away, just something to replace the stock speakers. I am dynamatting the car, so I figured I'd replace the stock mids/highs. Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |
jconnway Posted March 28, 2011 Report Posted March 28, 2011 well of course there are going to be some speakers that are better from some companies than others... but what i'm saying is if you do your full mids/highs from the same brand and same product line, chances are it will sound good. like you wouldnt want a front range of neo-magnet mids and a rear deck with paper cones... that doesnt make sense, the equipment should match up Full Pioneer Build 4 Per Door - Front Door Build Up
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.