Second Skin Audio

What subs to get?

I've always been a JL Audio guy and have owned several over the years. I'm currently planning to get two 12" W3V3-2 subs for my truck. I am limited to space because they must fit in the space under my rear seats which is about 1.5-1.5 CF per side. I plan build a sealed fiberglass box to house the two subs. However, since I've been on this site, I've noticed that nobody talks about JL Audio. After some searches I've noticed that a lot of people don't even like JL Audio. Being that I haven't really been in the audio scene for over 10 years, I'm wondering what is good nowadays. I've already got a JL Audio amp that I will be using to push the subs. It's a 1000.1 rated at 1000X1 RMS @ 1 ohm. So I want to run whatever subs I get at 1 ohm to maximize on the power from the amp. So what subs would you get if you were me? Thanks guys!

Here's a video of a truck just like mine with a box built like I am going to do. What are your thoughts?

05 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi - 22x11 Fuel Hostage wrapped in 37" Nitto Mud Grappler - 3" Dual Flow Master w/ X pipe - 10" lift - Alpine 103BT Head unit - JL Audio J2-320.4 - JL Audio J2-1000.1 - (2) 12" JL Audio W3V3 - (2) sets of JL Audio components - 5% tint - 6000K HID - CAI - and more....

There are a lot of good brands out there that are smaller than JL, the main reason people around here don't like JL is it's pretty overpriced and it tends to perpetuate stupid car audio rumors, and is pushed heavily by shops that have incompetent salesmen. Personally I run DC audio, i really like them and have had them running the past 2 years and the subs still work great.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Well, I'm 100% open for suggestions. I'm just going off of knowledge gained back in 97-98. Back then, everyone wanted JL. I know you guys are the experts when it comes to car audio so I'm all ears...

05 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi - 22x11 Fuel Hostage wrapped in 37" Nitto Mud Grappler - 3" Dual Flow Master w/ X pipe - 10" lift - Alpine 103BT Head unit - JL Audio J2-320.4 - JL Audio J2-1000.1 - (2) 12" JL Audio W3V3 - (2) sets of JL Audio components - 5% tint - 6000K HID - CAI - and more....

Archived