Sundown Audio

amp terminal repair

SasquatchREG32

i have a RF T2000-1bd and the ground terminal is damaged. the previous owner must have used a different screw for the terminal and now i can't tighten my ground because it's all scraped out and stuff. i forgot what the term is when you do that, but i think you guys should know what im talking about. all i can do for the moment is tape it LOL...anyways i would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out. thanks

stripped? im guessing?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Re tap the hole and get a new screw.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

stripped? im guessing?

yea thats the word...well i guess it is lol

i would re tap the treads to alittle bigger than the factory size or have somebody swap out the terminal block but i dont really know that amps terminal setup (inside) so i would research it

87 gmc s15- 6 AB dx 12s-AB 150.1-AB 75.1-AB sq480

extras-crossfire/sundown 15-diamond audio d2 12-AB vfl 1000(hc502)-mtx 2300x

Re tap the hole and get a new screw.

how do i do that? can i do it myself or do i need a machine??

pick up a tap and die set i think you can rent them from autozone or advance auto parts also

87 gmc s15- 6 AB dx 12s-AB 150.1-AB 75.1-AB sq480

extras-crossfire/sundown 15-diamond audio d2 12-AB vfl 1000(hc502)-mtx 2300x

or a machine shop would do it for a couple bucks probably

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived