Sonic Electronix

Whats up everyone,

Im about to order the In-dash unit, and I just wanted to ask, is that worth to buy the cda117 for about 250$ or I can buy some better unit

for this price?

I wanna upgrade my system and I want to start from the head unit.

Next step will be the big3, and new amp for the subwoofers

Sony Xplode in dash - (dont remember the model .. but its nothin special)

Sony Xplode 1100watt amp

Rockford Fosgate p2's 12"

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Alpine Type R 6x9"

Alpine SPR-17S 6.5" Component 2 Way Speaker

And I have the 3sixty laying in the garage, its so sensitive on the grounding that I cannot use it...

ps. sorry for my english :)

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

I love my CDA-117 and I didn't and still don't feel like I could have done better for the money I spent.

Overall its a great H/U (Head Unit) under any circumstances. Whether you are new to car audio or an experienced installer or a sound quality fanatic or just a strait up bass head this unit has you covered.

One thing that I am very proud about is that Alpine has made navigating the menus very easy and simple with just minor practice and the non clipping 4 volt pre outs are a big deal.

You also have the choice of using a paramic EQ or a normal graphic EQ and that alone covers a lot of ground. It offers a highpass crossover that can be turned on as low as 60 hertz and is a big deal whether you are running amps or just using the CDA-117's built in amp on factory speakers.

The only thing that it doesn't offer is a variable built in low pass crossover. I've tuned amps for so many years that its not a huge deal but I do like to run my old school amps from time to time that it would have been nice to have this feature.

So I give the CDA-117 a 9 out of 10.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Enjoy man.

I feel that this IS one of the better units on the market.

:)

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

IS capitalized just means to emphasize.

Like saying; Man that IS the shit.

or

iiiiiiissssssssssss

Emphasized LOL can't explain in typing.

Terryswork001.png

LOL I just caught that, your fucking with me!!!!!

LOL

Terryswork001.png

IS capitalized just means to emphasize.

Like saying; Man that IS the shit.

or

iiiiiiissssssssssss

Emphasized LOL can't explain in typing.

got u man ;]

thanks once more!

btw. the alpine has been ordered :)

I like my 117...my only complaint is that the ipod interface is slow with my 3g ipt

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I like my 117...my only complaint is that the ipod interface is slow with my 3g ipt

I heard that it's really slow with IPOD, its not a big deal for me..

anyway, I think that Im patient enough :)

Archived