Sonic Electronix

so today I got the unit and I have a problem..

the menu looks poor if i compare the menu from this video

for example i cannot find the hz set up...

maybe i have to turn it on somehow?

It seems that you have found the high pass x-over and I stated that it doesn't have a built in low pass cross-over.

As far as the lighting on the display goes, its not anything I knew about so I looked it up last night and it is looking like that is only for the UK models (over seas) and does not seem to be an option for the American models.

I have been playing with one of my little 8 gig sticks and do not have any complaints about the slowness. It is slow but not slow enough to bother me verse the layout of being able to navigate my menus.

If you have more questions please type them out so I don't have to site through a 9 minute review of a radio that I have already had to learn on my own please.

The video is not mine .. I just wanted to show what I could not find :)

Already know the answer...

I dont remember the name of this option but it makes the MENU more simple or more "complicated" and there I could find the HZ set up and the equalizer..

I know that my problem was "stupid" but I just got the radio ;)

I also have a question about the Alpine PXE-H650 processor..

is it as crazy sensitive on the grounding as the 360.2 is?

I already got one and its lying in the garage... cause I cannot stay with the "alternator working" sound ...

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

I don't know anything about the processors, sorry.

Since you have a new H/U I would try the 360.2 again. If you have a cheap set of RCA's run them straight from the H/U to the 360.2 and see if the sound goes away.

For the grounding if the 360.2 is back by the amps, ground the 360.2 with the grounds from your amps. In theory it is better to keep all of your grounds in one spot instead of making seperate grounds for every item you have and still keep them all as short as possible.

Hate to ask this but do you know how to make a proper ground?

Ya know find a solid piece of metal that you can safely drill a hole through and sand all the paint off that area so your wires are touching bare metal and use a nut,bolt, 1 or 2 washers and a lock washer.

If I was having noise problems with the 360.2 I would hook it up in the car like I was testing it instead of installing it where it needs to go and see if the noise goes away.

I have a hard time believing that the 360.2 was that sensitive to noise if it was installed properly.

I don't know anything about the Alpine piece you are looking at. I'm thinking about using the Imprint piece pxa-h100. I don't want the microphone and stuff, I just want the signal processor part but I need to do more research first.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/pxa-h100/

I would LOVE to have a 360.2 but I can not afford a piece like that.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

thats how I hook it up last time .. I will try to do it during this or maybe next weekend .. im pretty busy in these days..

I will let u know when i put it in again ;)

I did everythin except washers when I hook it up first time .. but the sound was so strong that I dont think that it could be that...

Have you tried the 360.2 with the CDA-117?

If not then it is worth trying since you have a new head unit. LOL yes it is possible that it could be as simple as needing to try it with a different H/U.

So give it one more shot.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

All you had to do was hold down the "audio" button, LOL.

not really :P

I go to my car right now and I will tell u what i had to do :P

i dont remember the name of this "option"

If not then it is worth trying since you have a new head unit. LOL yes it is possible that it could be as simple as needing to try it with a different H/U.

I did not try it yet... I will try to do it as soon as possible

any more advices? or things which I should know about the 3sixty?

I wanna make the big 3 upgrade but my stock alt is in terrible condition and I wanna wait with that until I get the new one...

I wanna get all new wires , second battery and the alt done same time .. It will take me all day but I will do it once not twice or mroe..

All you had to do was hold down the "audio" button, LOL.

the option is called DEFEAT when it is ON/OFF (dont remember now) its hiding the equalizer ETC...

I did not try it yet... I will try to do it as soon as possible

any more advices? or things which I should know about the 3sixty?

I wanna make the big 3 upgrade but my stock alt is in terrible condition and I wanna wait with that until I get the new one...

I wanna get all new wires , second battery and the alt done same time .. It will take me all day but I will do it once not twice or mroe..

I have not used the 360.2 so I don't really have any info for you about it.

As far as your wiring goes, if your alt is in terrible condition then NOW is the time to do the big 3. The point of the Big 3 is to relieve stress on components and allow better current flow. So it sounds like now would be the best time to do it and then that part of the work will already be done when you get your new alt.

Nothing wrong with doing things like these electrical upgrades in different sections 1 at a time and not have to worry about needing to redo work you have already done if you know how to break your electrical upgrades into different circuits and concentrate on one circuit at a time.

Terryswork001.png

I just want to confirm that you do have a 360.2 and not a 360.1.

Terryswork001.png

Archived