Second Skin Audio

Limited space. What would you do?

My vote is for 2 Kicker Solo-Classic 10s with .5 to .55 cubic feet per 10 inch SC and 1000 watts for the set.

I think you will be shocked.

But wait I know everyone hates Kicker.

I'd LOVE to get a pair of the Solo-Classics, but just one is more than I can spend on my entire sub setup. :(

My vote is for 2 Kicker Solo-Classic 10s with .5 to .55 cubic feet per 10 inch SC and 1000 watts for the set.

I think you will be shocked.

But wait I know everyone hates Kicker.

I'd LOVE to get a pair of the Solo-Classics, but just one is more than I can spend on my entire sub setup. :(

I gotcha man.

Keep your hopes up. I got my 4 for $150 a piece on Ebay through an authorized dealer. The only weird thing is that I had to purchase each sub one at a time. Wasn't aloud to buy more than 1 at a time.

Keep your hopes up.

and no I don't know if that deal is still on there.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

SA8s only require .2-.3 sealed

Just sayin

Yeah, but sealed isn't recommended for them. Jacob said they lose a lot of bottom end going sealed.

I gotcha man.

Keep your hopes up. I got my 4 for $150 a piece on Ebay through an authorized dealer. The only weird thing is that I had to purchase each sub one at a time. Wasn't aloud to buy more than 1 at a time.

Keep your hopes up.

and no I don't know if that deal is still on there.

I got really excited when I saw they came out with these, because I absolutely loved the original Solo's.

SA8s only require .2-.3 sealed

Just sayin

yeah but in an enclosure that size the -3dB point would be in the mid-80hz range, he might as well not even have a sub at that point, but i will tell you what, if he did a SA-8 in .3ft^3 with 2 1" ports, 12.5" long, the enclosure would have fairly acurate low end reproduction with a F3 of about 29-30hz, i say go with that setup OP, you wont be dissapointed.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SA%252d8-Sub-woofer.html

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

They are only 8s though

what are you saying this in relevance to?

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

I'd lose quite a bit of output compared to my Dcon, correct?

nope lol, it would about the same, but in the box i modeled up with the 2 1" ports the xmax will be limited to about 12mm, due to the small port area. maybe you should post pics of your interior space and we will come up with a creative solution.

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

I'll see if I can find some pics. It's down getting an oil change and new tires right now. I want to do some measuring and see if I can fit anything in the spare tire well. I do remember seeing some pics a while back of someone that was able to squeeze two 8's in there and still keep the spare tire, but I need to measure and find out how much space is available.

I'm not opposed to doing maybe one SA-8 now, and later on adding another one and a larger amp. It would be a while though.