Sonic Electronix

:bump:

check the ground and all your connections even if you already did

did you mess with the gain at all?

i had a kicker zx.850.4 do the same thing and i sent it off and im awaiting a new one

turn the gain all the way down and see if it still does it

i did turn the gain on the amp down a little bit because it was at full tilt, even though i have the remote bass knob that came with the amp and i use that as well. but recently i turned the amp back to the original settings and it still does that.

i'll check my ground even though i doubt it's the problem.

could it just be a bad amp?

you had the gain FULL tilt?!?!?!? the bass knob is NOT a gain control knob like the AQ or DC amps

im suprised you havent blown the subs yet

but yea double check everything

turn the gain ALL the way down and see what it does

if it still does it i would get kicker on the phone again

but it could also be your amp

do you have warranty?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

:bump:

check the ground and all your connections even if you already did

did you mess with the gain at all?

i had a kicker zx.850.4 do the same thing and i sent it off and im awaiting a new one

turn the gain all the way down and see if it still does it

i did turn the gain on the amp down a little bit because it was at full tilt, even though i have the remote bass knob that came with the amp and i use that as well. but recently i turned the amp back to the original settings and it still does that.

i'll check my ground even though i doubt it's the problem.

could it just be a bad amp?

you had the gain FULL tilt?!?!?!? the bass knob is NOT a gain control knob like the AQ or DC amps

im suprised you havent blown the subs yet

but yea double check everything

turn the gain ALL the way down and see what it does

if it still does it i would get kicker on the phone again

but it could also be your amp

do you have warranty?

that's how it came and i never bothered messing with it really. i used to have the gain turned all the way up on the amp, all the way up on the remote bass knob, and all the way up on my HU and could play it like that for quite a while. i never smelled coil and the woofers never broke a sweat.

my amp never shut off then, and it was noticeably louder than it is now. i mean if it got a lot louder than it used to, then that's a pretty easy fix...

i guess i'll revert back to the 16awg and check my grounds sometime this weekend if i can and get back to you, but if anyone thinks of anything else please share you knowledge with meeee!

thanks for the help

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Never max out anything, only volume knob on your system is the radio.

usually i follow that rule pretty well, but every once in a while you get curious as to what your system can do. i mean it's worked for me so far :shrug:

but knowing your system is capable and has done more in the past makes you wonder why using better speaker wire would make it do less...

is it possible that maybe the speaker wire is coming loose? it was a pretty snug fit into the terminals.

is it also possible that my ground has possibly come loose and isnt making a good connection because the speakers are shaking it so much?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.