Alpine iva-w205 pc touchscreen?

Ok so i have yet another stupid question for the pros out there. I want to have a system somewhat like meades with the touchscreen on the dash. Right now i have my Alpine IVA-W205 headunit and i was really wanting to make it so that my second laptop can be mounted inside the truck and i can control lots of stuff in the truck with it over bluetooth. What i planned to have is to use the pc as my main unit to sync music and play music, get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for it, and use my bluetooth remote to control the system and to control my 3sixty.2. I was wondering how i could, if at all, get my laptops screen to be displayed on my alpine h/u and get the screen to still be touch sensitive to what im doing on it and allow me to control some stuff with it. I really dont want to tear my dash apart to make a custom face to fit a huge screen like meade uses or re-locate my climate control unit because i dont really have all THAT much of a need to go that extreme right now.

So if anybody knows how i can possibly get my laptop to have an image on my headunit and make it responsive to touch so i can control it please let me know. I know how to get the image on the headunit but making it respond to touch is where im stuck at.

BTW, the laptop is a dell inspiron 1521.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

help.gif Bump!! Im sure someone knows how to do something like this.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ok so i have yet another stupid question for the pros out there. I want to have a system somewhat like meades with the touchscreen on the dash. Right now i have my Alpine IVA-W205 headunit and i was really wanting to make it so that my second laptop can be mounted inside the truck and i can control lots of stuff in the truck with it over bluetooth. What i planned to have is to use the pc as my main unit to sync music and play music, get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for it, and use my bluetooth remote to control the system and to control my 3sixty.2. I was wondering how i could, if at all, get my laptops screen to be displayed on my alpine h/u and get the screen to still be touch sensitive to what im doing on it and allow me to control some stuff with it. I really dont want to tear my dash apart to make a custom face to fit a huge screen like meade uses or re-locate my climate control unit because i dont really have all THAT much of a need to go that extreme right now.

So if anybody knows how i can possibly get my laptop to have an image on my headunit and make it responsive to touch so i can control it please let me know. I know how to get the image on the headunit but making it respond to touch is where im stuck at.

BTW, the laptop is a dell inspiron 1521.

How has this head held up for you. I have had nothing but problems with it.

1998 Pontiac bonneville SE

Alpine Iva-w205 touchscreen.

Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12

AQ2200 amp

Kinetik HC 3800 battery

Big 3

Everything will work.

The only downside is that you'd have to mod the HU's internals for the touch screen to be used with the PC

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

the headunit works perfect for me. I dont use the gps feature for that (thats what my droid x is for) but i have only had one problem with my headunit. When its really cold outside and you press the screen it tends to break up the screen until it gets pressed repeatedly or until it warms up a little bit. this only happens when its like 40 degrees outside. Other than that it works perfect for me and i love it. I even put a custom background on it to customize it a little bit.

so i can display it but cant use the touchscreen to make it work on my pc? Well i guess thats ok. i was thinking maybe get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for it and call it a day. I dont plan to really be needing a huge screen all the time. More for playing songs and movies off it as all. If i could i would mount the laptop onto my dash and have it integrated into the dash so its concealed and have it come up when i want to use it but im not down for tearing apart my dashboard. lol.

so i can display it but cant use the touchscreen to make it work on my pc?

i was thinking maybe get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for it and call it a day.

Correct

That'd be a good idea. Thats what I would do, whether or not I had a touchscreen.

Also, Im guessing your computer has a VGA output? You'd need a VGA to Composite adapter. You would also get a 3.5mm to dual RCA adapter if your computer has a 3.5mm headphone jack

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

actually i dont need a vga adapter. My computer has an ati graphics card and they make an adapter that converts the svideo into the yellow, red, and white outputs. So its one connector for video and audio. Im fine with how to hook the computer up i was just wondering how if at all it would be possible to make the touch screen respond to what i have on the laptops screen as all. Im a computer tech so im very good with computers and electronics alike but i never messed with touchscreens all too much.

That's pretty cool. I bet the comp would look good on a flatscreen ;)

My stepdads a Senior IT manager and is in Product Development for software, so I have to be good with comps too LOL.

LMFAO so true