Second Skin Audio

Woofer upgrade maybe....

I have a single RF 12 T2 on a vented box with RF specs powered by RF T1000 amp. I'm looking for more bass so deciding to see what my woofer options are. I want to stay with the same box and same amp. What are my options or should I keep what I have.

I have a single RF 12 T2 on a vented box with RF specs powered by RF T1000 amp. I'm looking for more bass so deciding to see what my woofer options are. I want to stay with the same box and same amp. What are my options or should I keep what I have.

if i'm reading correctly, you want more bass, but you want to use the same box and same amp?

the only way i can think of that you'd hear a noticeable difference in bass is if you added another sub to that box. otherwise i doubt you'd hear a dramatic enough difference in bass to justify spending the money on another subwoofer.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

if i'm reading correctly, you want more bass, but you want to use the same box and same amp?

the only way i can think of that you'd hear a noticeable difference in bass is if you added another sub to that box. otherwise i doubt you'd hear a dramatic enough difference in bass to justify spending the money on another subwoofer.

I don't have the trunk space to add for a dual set up. Right the box and the 3 amps take 80% of my trunk space.

then new beastly sub with more power.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

On the same power and same box, it will sound about the same no matter what sub your running. Only thing I can recommend is to adapt the hole to fit a 15 instead of a 12, but the box won't have enough space for most 15s I've seen, which need around 4ft^3 or so...

If you stuck on keeping the box and keeping the amp, give us a budget so we might be able to find a better quality sub, which may give an audible difference...

You can also consider sound deadening your trunk, it should improve the overall SQ.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived