Sonic Electronix

For me, its not just the cost of the damplifier. There are others cheaper than second skin, but this isn't my deterrent. It's the shipping. I get rattletrap 200sq ft for $316 shipped. Shipping to Alaska almost KILLS any deals I may be able to get.

To the OP...do you have a lot of experience applying damplifier correctly? Rattletrap is one of the easiest foils I ever applied. Laid my truck down in moments.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Oh and while I'm thinking about it do any of ya think this build will be worthy of a build log lol. Kinda tiny compared to what I've been reading is coming soon and when should I start one if so? Already got the infinity kappas 6.5s in and a kenwood 4channel with a 980bt premier hu got pics of all the stuff installed

Build logs are for ALL sizes. Don't get put off because some people have multiple subs with 10,000 watts in their cars, lol. Some of us like that but all installs that show good work get some love.

Also, the build logs, I've always thought, were just as much for yourself as for anyone else. You can map your progress and growth. You do, you learn, and you rebuild. The build log also shows you how you're doing, and if you're happy with your product.

For me, its not just the cost of the damplifier. There are others cheaper than second skin, but this isn't my deterrent. It's the shipping. I get rattletrap 200sq ft for $316 shipped. Shipping to Alaska almost KILLS any deals I may be able to get.

To the OP...do you have a lot of experience applying damplifier correctly? Rattletrap is one of the easiest foils I ever applied. Laid my truck down in moments.

About how much does 200sq ft cover? I'm looking to do my whole excursion since its gutted right now and haven't figured out about how much I need.

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

I used all 200sq ft in my ext cab silverado. Wasn't required but I doubled up everywhere and tripled in certain areas. But I was running 12,000rms and then 21,000. I wasn't going to skimp. Also created steel ribs along the roof, back, floor, and doors.

200sq ft would almost cover you completely.

I used all 200sq ft in my ext cab silverado. Wasn't required but I doubled up everywhere and tripled in certain areas. But I was running 12,000rms and then 21,000. I wasn't going to skimp. Also created steel ribs along the roof, back, floor, and doors.

200sq ft would almost cover you completely.

So I should look into about 400sq because I don't want to rip out all the interior to do more deadener when I upgrade, that's just too much work lol

aaaa.png

Are you just running the hccas still? I would do 250 or 300 to be safe, and allow you to layer if you want, but this is also going to depend on your damplifier. Two layers of 40mil isn't the same as one layer of a thicker damplifier.

Are you just running the hccas still? I would do 250 or 300 to be safe, and allow you to layer if you want, but this is also going to depend on your damplifier. Two layers of 40mil isn't the same as one layer of a thicker damplifier.

Yeah I have the hccas still. Was looking at upgrading to 6 lvl 5s when I get the chance. ill just have to order 300 and go from there. I don't get much rattle out of my truck after I sealed the back windows shut. Most of it is the roof, it sounds like a tin can.

aaaa.png

I did two layers on the roof, steel ribs, and then rubber butyl between the damplifier and the ribs. Worked wonders for me.

I did two layers on the roof, steel ribs, and then rubber butyl between the damplifier and the ribs. Worked wonders for me.

I will probably go that route with my roof too. Thanks

aaaa.png

With the ribs, frame, and butyl layer I could have done one layer and been more than ok. But I'm an overkill kind of person.