Always nice to see another fbody build. But a couple things, have you thought about putting the mids/tweeters in the front doors instead of the back? And leave the box in that ttop holder area as you'll have more room for the box and it'll sound better (I've had a box where the rear seats are, on the gas tank hump where your amp is, and in the ttop area).

If you really want to switch it up you could also do what I did and put two 12's in the well area ported.

And a final thing, change out those salad shooters! Looks clean besides that, though.

Edited by CFallsFbody

Always nice to see another fbody build. But a couple things, have you thought about putting the mids/tweeters in the front doors instead of the back? And leave the box in that ttop holder area as you'll have more room for the box and it'll sound better (I've had a box where the rear seats are, on the gas tank hump where your amp is, and in the ttop area).

If you really want to switch it up you could also do what I did and put two 12's in the well area ported.

And a final thing, change out those salad shooters! Looks clean besides that, though.

i have 2 sets of components so one set will be in the doors, the hatch area speakers are like 4" sets and would never fit a 6.5"/ my midbass subs will be going in the sail panels and eventually just ran on their own amp (same with components) so i made the box deal so that i can fit them in the rear and i can get a little creative with it.. i may even end up fiberglassing it or putting like the chevy bowtie on it, or something of the sort,

PS i hate my wheels..

Exersig.jpg

smd5.png

Nice work, but is that 1in MDF? Might just be the pic though.

A bit overkill IMO. That thing gotta be pretty heavy too lol.

Could have used 1/2in mdf and saved some weight.

Edited by Rell

Nice work, but is that 1in MDF? Might just be the pic though.

A bit overkill IMO. That thing gotta be pretty heavy too lol.

Could have used 1/2in mdf and saved some weight.

lol nah its probably the pic its 3/4" it is a bit overkill just for 6.5's

Exersig.jpg

smd5.png

alright well i finished up the box deal, wrapped it up and put it in the back.

DSCF4093.jpg

DSCF4084.jpg

Then i put the midbass woofers in

DSCF4086.jpg

then i did the door components

DSCF4087.jpg

DSCF2191.jpg

and mounted the crossovers

DSCF2194.jpg

DSCF2193.jpg

AND now it is a done deal! :) ill maybe do a demo video sometime and post it

comments are welcome! :)

DSCF4100.jpg

Exersig.jpg

smd5.png

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like to see a demo video of that thing! Especially a Mids and Highs distance test. Hopefully more people end up checking this thing out! I love it.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

• 7 months later...

Any updates on this thing?

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.