Second Skin Audio

Would this make a difference?

Hey guys, just a quick question. when installing my sub box, i accidently broke the bottom corner of my box where the port is. One other thing is that i only carpeted the face and the bottom of my box. So my question is, would the broken corner of the port reduce the sound quality/loudness? and also would sealing the joints, and carpeting the rest of the box produce better sound? what are your thoughts... and thanks in advance guys.

2000 Mercury Grand Ma'-Quis

Kenwood KDC-MP142 Head Unit

2 Kicker Cvr 12" in custom ported box

JL Audio 1000/1 amp

Rockford Fosgate Power, Ground, Remote Wiring

Monster Cable Rca's

150 amp Inline fuse

Rockford Fosgate Rfc2d 2 Farard Capacitor

Well, I feel this is irrelevant...if you don't care enough about your work that you break corners, and don't even cover all the faces then you probably won't care that much about the quality of the sound.

Edit: Yes, these things do make slight differences, but at your level of care you won't ever notiice a difference.

mivtCK.png

Try to post a pic of the port damage, it would affect tuning depending on where it's damaged. Lol and no the carpet won't affect your sound...at least not to the human ears.;)

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

well ive heard various things about if a box is not completely sealed you lose out on sound quality. and as far as my work, im very proud to say that i built my own box custom built to my car. i even made the front page of the enterprise for the senior project i made it for. the reason why the box is half carpeted is because it was originally an upfiring box. but as i gained knowledge, i came to realize it would sound better if i faced the box outwards.the broken corner, i did that by accident trying to get my box in and out to repair a gas leak in my trunk. but im going to replace it, and seal up the box tomorrow, thanks for the tips guys and ill let u know how it sounds.

2000 Mercury Grand Ma'-Quis

Kenwood KDC-MP142 Head Unit

2 Kicker Cvr 12" in custom ported box

JL Audio 1000/1 amp

Rockford Fosgate Power, Ground, Remote Wiring

Monster Cable Rca's

150 amp Inline fuse

Rockford Fosgate Rfc2d 2 Farard Capacitor

Archived