Second Skin Audio

New Ideas...Need Your Input!

What if you use plexiglass for the baffle? Would that give better results than just mdf? Cause the prefab bandpass boxes have the removeable plexiglas windo and I figured it could be applied here.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

Why not save the money on the second 12" and just get the 15" reconed to a second 12" instead? That is assuming that you do not go through the interchangeable baffle idea. It just doesn't sound very practical. You'd be better off just doing interchangable ports to find the sound that you want..... Motors get expensive after a while.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Interchangable baffle can be done.... I've done it several times. Instead of using wood glue when mounting the baffle, i've used silicone glue. You just need to be sure that the blue are fully dry before using the box. I used screws to bolt down the baffle. In fact, I just did one this weekend for one 15" Fosgate hx2. 3.6 cube tune to 35hz (3 - 4" areo's). My idea was to make it so I can use two 10's if needed.

I don't have any experience with the BTL but 5 + cubes seems a bit big for the 15" imo. I wouldn't personally put a 15" in a box bigger than 4.5cube unless it is what recommended. For two 12's it's alright. If you want to continue going interchangable baffle, I suggest to net around 4.5 cube. I think 4.5 is still good for two 12's.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db