Sonic Electronix

i'd set the high pass to around 80hz or so, just a general area. and what do you mean cutting out? do the speakers like cut completely out? if so, does the amp stay on during that time or does it shut off or does it go into protect mode? there could be something wrong.

i'd set the high pass to around 80hz or so, just a general area. and what do you mean cutting out? do the speakers like cut completely out? if so, does the amp stay on during that time or does it shut off or does it go into protect mode? there could be something wrong.

No amp never cuts out and plays the rear pioneer 6x8s fine and only tweets go out on the components, amp is brand new only at half gain.. Ive heard dont know if its correct but if your component speakers come with cross overs to set amp on Flat instead of High Pass is this true

Probably yes.

But how did you set your gains?

Half gain doesn't mean half power, you could be clipping..

well I set all my JL amps up with a DMM my JL 1000/1 doesn't clip until 44.7v and my JL 500/1 clips at 31.6v both at 2 ohm.. but Im not sure where my Polk Audio PA 500.4 amp clips at.. I got an Alpine cda 105 head unit and not sure how to check clipping on that either.. I do have a test tone CD from JL as all the stuff in my truck is JL except for polk amp and Mb quart RSI 216 components.. also when im checking for clipping on my JL amps should I have the head unit Alpine cda 105 Sub Woofer level at 0 or + 15 because when its at 0 my JL 1000/1 the gain will go all the way up without clipping ..I know the rest of stuff bass treble set at 0 loudness off etc please help Im lost

just set the HPF to eighty hz. and no, just because the speakers have a crossover doesnt mean you absolutely have to put the amp on Full. im saying to put it on 80hz because you dont really want your door speakers to play notes that subwoofers should be playing.

Probably yes.

well I set all my JL amps up with a DMM my JL 1000/1 doesn't clip until 44.7v and my JL 500/1 clips at 31.6v both at 2 ohm.. but Im not sure where my Polk Audio PA 500.4 amp clips at.. I got an Alpine cda 105 head unit and not sure how to check clipping on that either.. I do have a test tone CD from JL as all the stuff in my truck is JL except for polk amp and Mb quart RSI 216 components.. also when im checking for clipping on my JL amps should I have the head unit Alpine cda 105 Sub Woofer level at 0 or + 15 because when its at 0 my JL 1000/1 the gain will go all the way up without clipping ..I know the rest of stuff bass treble set at 0 loudness off etc please help Im lost

come on somebody please help me ^^^^ I thought this forum was for car audio people

Probably yes.

Do you use a oscope to set the gains? Or a dmm?

Alpine Hu's don't like to be turned up too much, they will clip easily.

Subwoofer level has to be at +15

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.