if that one doesnt work out there are a few other cars im looking at also so its not really that big of a deal if this one goes through or not i just really like the car and motor combo. a 496 big block with 650hp on pump gas would be absolutely SICK. i hope it works out but we will see i guess.

its a 496 stroker motor. honestly i dont no how you get that but it sounds sick... i will do some research on the motor and see how they come out with that but i do no its bored 60 over so thats not the greatest but im not going to beat the piss out of it so it will be fine, and you can sleeve these motors to if i ever had to do that..

hmm i bet that thing will haul. the motor in the el camino is about 400 hp and its linked up to a 3 speed auto and we've got it up like 140 if i recall right. so you could probably hit like 160-180 top speed.

Top speed doesn't exactly have to do with HP. More with gearing in transmisson and rearend.

I had a 94 Mustang GT, few HP gaining mods, I guessimated 200rwph. I GPSed 140 before my nuts ran out.(The car started acting funny, isn't setup for that speed).

Plus a old 60s car with stockish style suspension won't like nowhere near 160. Almost be a death trap.

I've been 160 in my cousins 03 Cobra, totally different ride than my stang. But it doesn't have nowhere near the same suspension.(Coulda went faster but I wasn't driving, and I don't trust others that much).

yea in that short clip i posted of my chevelle i went from a stop and made that turn and you can kind of see the speedo i was doing about 70. in about 4-4.5 seconds or so. from the same light, going straight though not turning, i raced a newer style charger, i think it was supercharged b/c i could hear the wine but it could have been a turbo, im not sure, but from a dead stop and he had about a 5mph roll and i didnt no we were racing until he floored it and then i followed. we were pumper to bumper till about 100 and then i shifted into 4th and took his doors off till about 120 and then let off because my street was coming up, i ended up missing my turn because i couldnt slow down in time and i didnt want to slam on the brakes haha. but at 120 it was very stable and still had a little more to go, not much but a little. but considering it was a 45mph zone and i clearly raped him i didnt want to go anymore...