'91 Civic hatchback wall build

Thanks guys. Yeah, we have $300 worth of amps and $1000 worth of subs. And, looking back, we may have gotten away with some even cheaper subs. Oh well, we're still happy.

Still gonna try and get louder though............... :-D

AQ´s hommie!!! :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I've been looking for a good deal on a pair of AQ 2200s. I think we could strap those at .5 ohm for a burp. If the APs will handle it, surely the AQs will.

I just strapped 2 AQ 2200s on my 2 dual 2 hdc3 18s, its some nice power! im sure youd like it as well :yahoo:

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Awesome #'s man. Looks like you gained most of your rated power back after imp rise. 1.5 db gain without spending any money!!! Awesome awesome. Keep it up man.

1998 GMC ZR2

5" BDS suspension lift, 2" bodylift with 33" tires

1- Alpine iDA-X305SBT headunit w/imprint

2- DD 9500 18's dual 4's

2- DD S2b 2700 watts Each of old school class A/B power

1- DD S4b 4 channel for mids and highs

1- CDT HD 20th anniversary componet with upstage kit

2- CDT ES 6 3/4" mids for midbass in doors. Hopefully in the near future I will be adding 2 more to each door

1- DC Power 270XP alternator

2- stinger 1500d batteries

all interconnects are from stinger also

Thanks. Yeah, we are allowed to run any amps we want, as long as we don't clamp more than 4000 watts during our run. So it's all in the settings. I'm gonna have to come up with a decent clamp meter....

you will be happy with that alt. you got it from alterstart right? i bought a 170 amp and i can say enough about as of right now. nice build

I got the alt off Ebay, from HiAmps Alternators or something like that. It's a 190 amp. I threw it on the car last night (had to remove the oil filter, lower alt bracket, and driver's side axle to get this thing in there!), and it works fine so far. Better voltage than the stock 60 amp alt, and doesn't drop as much with headlights, blower moter, etc on.

I'm planning on using a couple of new diesel truck batteries (since I already have them) in the back, in addition to the stock battery in front. Budget build dictates that I can't go buy multiple dry-cells..... so I'll use what I already have. Better than nothing. Only gonna be running about 3000 watts anyway, so maybe it'll be ok.

I'm loving the Civic in your sig. Cool color. What year is that?

how the alt. ? i got one from the same place but have to send it back as it failed

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

So far so good with the alt. No way of knowing exactly what it's putting out, as far as amps go, but it seems to be getting the job done. I had my local O'Reilly Auto Parts throw it on their tester before I installed it, and they said it was good. I've probably put 2500 miles on the car since it's been on without problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we took folks' advice and ordered a new, more expensive amp (more on that later). However, let me post a couple of scores after a few more days of playing around with the two Audiopipes after we strapped them.

On the dash:

newscores001.jpg

In the kick:

newscores002.jpg

This is with 2 amps that cost $150 each brand new.

Who says you have to spend a fortune to get loud?

Archived