'91 Civic hatchback wall build

I've found that once you get the vehicle loud enough, you just have to let it flex/breathe. Holding it and bracing it won't help it any more. I'd love to see what this car could with some crazy power and som z 15's. I'm talkin 80k watts for just burps.

1998 GMC ZR2

5" BDS suspension lift, 2" bodylift with 33" tires

1- Alpine iDA-X305SBT headunit w/imprint

2- DD 9500 18's dual 4's

2- DD S2b 2700 watts Each of old school class A/B power

1- DD S4b 4 channel for mids and highs

1- CDT HD 20th anniversary componet with upstage kit

2- CDT ES 6 3/4" mids for midbass in doors. Hopefully in the near future I will be adding 2 more to each door

1- DC Power 270XP alternator

2- stinger 1500d batteries

all interconnects are from stinger also

Shoot, man, it already almost kills the engine when I burp it and forget to "idle it up" with my foot! I guess I would just need tons of batteries. 80,000 watts........................ I dunno..........

Any indication when you're gonna start that new build?

Hey man, been reading up on this build...I have a hatch focus, and this is the exact build I wanna do in the future...gotta wait to get the kids out of the car seats before I can do it. But anyways, if you need any test tones, sweeps, or bass music, PM me your email. I currently have 20hz to 60hz all in 30second tracks, and also sweeps from 0hz - 80hz, 60hz - 20hz, and also 20 to 60 in incramints of 5hz. Just let me know and Ill email em' to ya, or make more...just let me know.

mivtCK.png

Bakerman, thanks. I'll hit ya up if I need anything, but I think I'm good for now.

And yeah, I know exactly what you mean..........it's hard to build a wall when the kids are still in carseats!! Doesn't mean you can't throw something in the back though....

Shoot, man, it already almost kills the engine when I burp it and forget to "idle it up" with my foot! I guess I would just need tons of batteries. 80,000 watts........................ I dunno..........

Any indication when you're gonna start that new build?

I was looking into replacing the ac with an 2nd alt. Have you done this ? Just a thought .

Hope it works :) looks like it might fit ....

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

And yeah, I know exactly what you mean..........it's hard to build a wall when the kids are still in carseats!! Doesn't mean you can't throw something in the back though....

Lol I knOw what you mean , I got two kids in car-seats . My wife gives me crap for taking the back seat out , but that's why we have a 2nd family car ! So daddy can do what he wants to the Honda :D

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

Just read your build log. I love it. Father/son, budget, etc. Congrats on the whole thing.

My boys are 6 and 8, not interested yet, but exposed none the less. They do like bass, though. They also like all the trophy's I come home with.

As for the little 1500 DD's, they're great bang for the buck, and sound/linearity. People forget about that part sometimes when chasing numbers. They have a power sweet spot. I think around 1k watts or so each clamped power will be perfect. Once you smell coil(which stinks), not hot glue which is almost sweet, you'll know you went too far.

Keep us posted.

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL

900 clamped watts for my 1510´s for almost a year without any problems, so yes you are right, around 1000 watts it´s the limit of those subs without any clipping i would guess...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived