Resurecting the YUKON. 12 15's in a tunnel

• 1 month later...

I want to do a tunnel in my durango this summer of wall it off but is that box sealed? thats my only question

You can go two routes with a Tunnel.... 4th order or 6th order. Both are bandpass boxes.

A sixth is a ported box within a ported box.

A fouth is a sealed box in a ported box.

• 3 weeks later...

progress!

IMAG1221.jpg

Top braces in!

IMAG1228.jpg

also had to get me one of these finally! got tired of sweating and not being able to work!

IMAG1233.jpg

Spent an hour and a half with a can of xylene and wax and grease remover getting the glue off after i peeled off the vinyl. sat around to long and got some knicks in it

now for the dash, i spent alot of time on the old pods, sanding the living hell out of it and making it smooth for paint, but after almost 4 years of hot cold hot cold, she started to crack, and only 2 speakers in the dash wasnt going to cut it for this one anyway.

i have been thinking about what i wanted it to look like for a long time and kinda just went with somthing. i love the shape of the factory dash, with the exception of the big instrument cluster shroud that, with everything removed (ac, wiper switches and wat not), had alot of dead space. and also it got in the way of the console. so i had to re-make the gauge cluster which will house some digital gauges. also had to re-shape the drivers side to get rid of the lip that the old shroud sat on.

IMAG1227.jpg

IMAG1229.jpg

IMAG1237.jpg

IMAG1236.jpg

IMAG1235.jpg

IMAG1234.jpg

its still rough because i have to get it back into the yukon to make and shape the console, so i did rough sanding in areas toward the middle, or havent formed it at all. i also had to shave the indention that is in the lower dash since it will be wrapped in vinyl

o and i almost forgot..... my NEW TOYYY.

it doesnt work real well in small areas if you wanna get it smooth. takes alot to roll and brush it out smooth. but when i start on the headliner pod, rear tub and rear speaker pods this thing should be a miracle.

OHHHHH thats nice

My build

http://www.stevemead...20#entry2018495

Car: 2003 Cadillac DTS

(1) Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(4) Infinity Kappa 60.9cs

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200