i have recently acquired a Scosche 500K Micro Farad and i have done some research on how to install it but my friend keeps telling me i have to add it in like another battery... what i found online was that you hook the cable from bat up to + on cap and then run the + to the amp and then the - on the cap is grounded and the - on the amp is grounded... now on the other hand my friend said the same for + but you take the negative from the amp connect it to the - on cap and then ground it i need to what way would work the best and which way is right please.... btw i do know how to charge it so im looking for that... thank you very much for whatever assistance i can receive before i have to go to class..

Guide on how to wire up a cap for you system

step 1: Get your power wire and ground wire together

step 2: Get you amp and have it sitting someone close

step 3: Make sure you have your power wire to battery disconnected

step 4: locate your cap

step 5: locate a large, yet heavy hammer

step 6: Place cap onto ground by your car

step 7: Relocate your hammer/ heavy item you chose to find

step 8: with a strong/angry swing, smash the cap into the ground until you feel better about yourself after wasting money on the damn thing

step 9: observe the cap, make sure nobody else can manage to even remotely use the damn thing, if they can proceed to step 8

step 10: re locate your amp

step 11: take your power wire and ground wire, hook them up to amp

step 12: reconnect your batter

step 13: play music like you should be doing, with no cap

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

i have recently acquired a Scosche 500K Micro Farad and i have done some research on how to install it but my friend keeps telling me i have to add it in like another battery... what i found online was that you hook the cable from bat up to + on cap and then run the + to the amp and then the - on the cap is grounded and the - on the amp is grounded... now on the other hand my friend said the same for + but you take the negative from the amp connect it to the - on cap and then ground it i need to what way would work the best and which way is right please.... btw i do know how to charge it so im looking for that... thank you very much for whatever assistance i can receive before i have to go to class..

Guide on how to wire up a cap for you system

step 1: Get your power wire and ground wire together

step 2: Get you amp and have it sitting someone close

step 3: Make sure you have your power wire to battery disconnected

step 4: locate your cap

step 5: locate a large, yet heavy hammer

step 6: Place cap onto ground by your car

step 7: Relocate your hammer/ heavy item you chose to find

step 8: with a strong/angry swing, smash the cap into the ground until you feel better about yourself after wasting money on the damn thing

step 9: observe the cap, make sure nobody else can manage to even remotely use the damn thing, if they can proceed to step 8

step 10: re locate your amp

step 11: take your power wire and ground wire, hook them up to amp

step 12: reconnect your batter

step 13: play music like you should be doing, with no cap

hahaha thats hilarious

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

Since no one wants to answer your question I will.

Run the + from the battery to the cap and the + from the cap to the amp.

Ground the cap with as short of a piece of wire as you can and ground your amp with as short of a piece of wire as you can.

Do you know how to charge a cap?

You don't want to hook up a cap without charging it first since it can harm you or damage your eye sight if a spark was to get into your eye.

You were on the rite track with your paragragh and your buddy is a dumb ass.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

charge cap first but from what I remember on mine it loses juice quick until you wire it in. Pretty much get ring terminals and add them to the ground and power lines that go to amp and hook those to the cap then run new power and ground from cap to amp.

I don't know if your cap has screws up on top or inputs for wire with hold down screws but if you have a distribution block for amps just run power line from cap to block as well as the rest of grounding.

Be sure to charge it first it should have come with a little card like thing that has a light that dims as cap is filled.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

charge cap first but from what I remember on mine it loses juice quick until you wire it in. Pretty much get ring terminals and add them to the ground and power lines that go to amp and hook those to the cap then run new power and ground from cap to amp.

I don't know if your cap has screws up on top or inputs for wire with hold down screws but if you have a distribution block for amps just run power line from cap to block as well as the rest of grounding.

Be sure to charge it first it should have come with a little card like thing that has a light that dims as cap is filled.

Since I yank my main fuses before installing a cap, what I do is go ahead an install the cap and then I use my charging light bulb in place of my fuse until the cap is charged.

Then I remove the charging light bulb and put the fuse back in and done.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

A .5 cap will do nothing 40 cap maybe but still it just adds to the load on the electrical system

if i remember correctly, its 1 farad per every 1000w. of course more capacity isnt bad.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

A .5 cap will do nothing 40 cap maybe but still it just adds to the load on the electrical system

if i remember correctly, its 1 farad per every 1000w. of course more capacity isnt bad.

LOL I use 50 farads for a little under 2000 watts :)

Plus a PM XS D2400 (might be a D2700) and a PM XS D925 up front and a 45/90 amp alt LOL

Terryswork001.png