Sonic Electronix

I have a 4 cubic f'oot box with two 4 inch round ports that is tuned to 35 hz. I want it to play lower because most of the rap or chopped or slowed music i listen to is lower frequency than this. My question is, do i add length or subtract length from round ports to get my frequency lower ?? And how much to lower to say around 30 or 32 ??. I may even make a couple different sets of ports so i can change them out. Thanks

dude... is your name Ryan Smith??

uh , Yeah ????

SO IS MINE!!! Crazy shit mang!!! lol sorry for the off topicness...

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

uh , Yeah ????

lmao i knew a ryan smith in high school... not a guy you would want to hang out with though.

no, dont add polyfill to a ported box. it wont help you. i only ever use it to help kill the back wave in a sealed box.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

uh , Yeah ????

NP man, that is crazy though dude !!

Back to to the other thing, LOL, this sounds stupid but if my ports start getting close to the back of my box do i just put a 90 degree bend in them ? And second is there any rule-of-thumb for how much added length equals to a certain amount of frequency increase ??? I.E.- does 1 inch equal 1 hz and so on ???

Edited by ryansmth777

It depends on the box volume and port diameter.

Have you tried Torres calculator? Put in all your box specs then just add length to get the desired tuning. Or maybe just add another port.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

It depends on the box volume and port diameter.

Have you tried Torres calculator? Put in all your box specs then just add length to get the desired tuning. Or maybe just add another port.

That is a very good idea !!! Somebody helped me make the box and i didnt even think about re-adding my dimensions and testing length that way, DUH !!!!!

save-2.png

Edited by ryansmth777