Sonic Electronix

I just put in an alpine for my cousin and everything worked fine for the first day, he previously had a sony and switched for better quality but the sony was workin fine. Im not sure if its the cd players fault but his 4 channel will cut out when the volume is to high, the amp was never touched and all the cd connections are soldered and fine, the only thing i can think of is the pre-amp on the alpine is higher then the sony but they are both rated @ 2 so i didnt adjust the amp at all. Im gonna try adjusting the gain but i just wanted to post this to see what you guys thought.

P.S - The amp's power led will go out completly but no protection, and itll only happen for a split second (reoccuringly), radio or cd.

Pc, BYS

well, reason why i say battery power is my eclipse deck would kinda "pulse if you would and dim and brightten, when my voltage got low, and came came back up.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

well, reason why i say battery power is my eclipse deck would kinda "pulse if you would and dim and brightten, when my voltage got low, and came came back up.

ya you know you could be right i mean batteries do go bad but his cd player isnt showing signs of it its just the amp will cut in and out real quick and only when the volume is high, ima try adjusting the amps gain ill let you guys know if it solves it.

Archived