Sundown Audio

Help with gain on amp and bass knob

SasquatchREG32

What about the gain on the amp? I gotta admit my sub does not move at all if my bass knob is turned down.

Bass knob includes bassboost etc ?

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

I have a bass knob as well on with my amplifier. One key thing to keep in mind is to not use it as if it is a volume knob (quick way to blow your subs). It should be set about where your bass boost on the amplifier is because in theory is should override that setting. Mine in particular is a little below halfway.

I don't understand. I'll be putting in my SAZ-1500D soon, but I'm unsure whether to even both with the bass knob. What's the point of using it if your gains are set properly? Wouldn't you just turn up the volume on the HU? Is it to increase source bass and not your mids?

Just wondering.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)