Second Skin Audio

What ohm load would my subs be seeing?

It's going into protect because it's seeing too low impedance... it can't drive it. If you wire it like i stated in a previous post, your problems will go away. I had to figure this out the hard way the first time I ran into it... didn't have these forums in the 90's and my friends at the time were learning from me!

2dvc_4-ohm_mono.jpg

Just like this but your amp would be bridged.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

hahaha love your avatar

I ate lunch at a Chinese Buffet in Longview Texas... swear the address was 420 N High Street

No...protect mode b/c ur amp is seeing to low of an impedance level. Wire you subs like the picture above, and your amp will be recieving a 2ohm load.

2007 Pacifica

hahaha love your avatar

I ate lunch at a Chinese Buffet in Longview Texas... swear the address was 420 N High Street

No...protect mode b/c ur amp is seeing to low of an impedance level. Wire you subs like the picture above, and your amp will be recieving a 2ohm load.

Thanks bro...my last name is actually baker, hence the username. A friend of mine was on a road trip, and she saw the sign...so I got a picture message of it saying "for some odd reason this made me think of you" and I've kept the picture ever since.

mivtCK.png

Then what just put the DMM plugs in there? Because I tried how the chart says and it keeps going to protect everytime.

OK, lets solve this issue you got. Put down the DMM for now. . Your gains most likely will not send your amp into protect mode. Wire your subs as shown above, then let us know if your issue still persists. We wanna help but you gotta listen to us.

2007 Pacifica

Does it matter if I use a negative or positive wire on the other terminals on the sub?

If you follow the diagram, then yes, you will have all the terminals on your subs connected. Have you followed the diagram?

2007 Pacifica