"as soon as she stopped replying"

Does that mean you were the one texting her?

No, I was in the car with my friend waiting for her friend to show up so they could see each other, and she was telling her friend to call instead of text, but she wasn't listening...

funny thing is, the states where it is illegal, accidents have gone up. because its harder to drive while you are hiding your phone in your lap while you text.

you believe that shit?

You can believe anything in Kentucky.

Wow.. Glad she is alive.

I used to text and drive all the time and now I've limited it to texting while i'm at a red light not moving whatsoever.

I had one close call last year when I went to glance down at a text (while hiding it of course since the laws passed to make it illegal. And I was nearly t-boned by a guy who ran a red light but I was too busy looking at my texts as I was going down the road. The front of his car missed mine by i'd say 5 feet. I was going 45 he was going probably about 55 60 trying to beat the red light (which he missed by a good 2 seconds. Would have been disgusting.

Don't text and drive. And on that note - technology catch the F up! Where's the perfect text to speech and speech to text encoders?

I wouldn't use it. I've seen what the YT Captions does to some videos...I'm scared to see what text would come out...

POTATO!

Forget texting, just cell phones & driving period should be banned (MAYBE if your hands free).....but when driving, stick to the business of DRIVING.

I know people around here drive like they are texting all the time, yet 95% of them are just driving. I don't text and drive myself but I have used my phone for calls while driving. If I do get a text I'll wait till I'm where I'm going or if its important I'll pull over and reply. Hope this is a wake up call to those who text and drive. Ya may not be as lucky as this girl was.

Forget texting, just cell phones & driving period should be banned (MAYBE if your hands free).....but when driving, stick to the business of DRIVING.

I know people around here drive like they are texting all the time, yet 95% of them are just driving. I don't text and drive myself but I have used my phone for calls while driving. If I do get a text I'll wait till I'm where I'm going or if its important I'll pull over and reply. Hope this is a wake up call to those who text and drive. Ya may not be as lucky as this girl was.

You can't fix stupid (legally).

Definitely a wake up call for me. I was surprised big time.

POTATO!

How would they enforce that? Would you need to keep both hands on the wheel at all times? Would they issue special phones that are able to identify when your driving to everyone in the United States? I don't see that working out.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.