need help with port!!!!!

Are you sure you wanna tune to 40 hertz? Thats pretty high for daily. I recommend between 30 and 35 for daily bumping.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Are you sure you wanna tune to 40 hertz? Thats pretty high for daily. I recommend between 30 and 35 for daily bumping.

wanted to aim for a little more spl. but even when i go for a 35 hz calculation i end up with a port length of 4.23, is that possible? ive built boxes before but the port length is usually much longer. im just questioning the length and if it will even work with such a short port

Yea i just put everything into Torres calculator and got the same results. Thats weird. Someone else needs the answer this one. I normally use slot ports because stuff like this always happens with tubes.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Yea i just put everything into Torres calculator and got the same results. Thats weird. Someone else needs the answer this one. I normally use slot ports because stuff like this always happens with tubes.

thanks for the response, i even did the calculations on a rectangle duct type of port (slot) and i still ended up with only 4 inches of port length when using a 3.5X3.5 port. this seems totally insane to me

thanks for the response, i even did the calculations on a rectangle duct type of port (slot) and i still ended up with only 4 inches of port length when using a 3.5X3.5 port. this seems totally insane to me

The more rectangular the port the shorter it needs to be. Try something taller and skinner.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

The more rectangular the port the shorter it needs to be. Try something taller and skinner.

wrong. surface area is surface area. length will be the same regardless whether it's more rectangular vs square

I recently downloaded a calculator and it asks for box net volume, if im correct thats the box before port. so i take the volume of box minus port volume? to find net volume of box?

net volume is the volume after ALL displacements are subtracted. including port displacement.

the reason why your port length is so short, is because you do not have near enough port area for that box with 1 4" port. you need more like 3 or 4 of those

Archived