Second Skin Audio

What will hit the Lows

I wanna hit hard, and hit the lows too. I'm pretty set on doing a 4th order design but here are my options due to space.

I can do either:

1 18

3 12's

4 10's

What would be best for hitting those lows and maybe a :hairtrick: or two :)

99% install is what determines output and doing a hairtrick isnt as simple as throwing some subs in a car and playing it loud there is a science to it cone area does help but if you have 2 10s and a SICK box it would sound better/louder than 2 18s in a shitty box

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

99% install is what determines output and doing a hairtrick isnt as simple as throwing some subs in a car and playing it loud there is a science to it cone area does help but if you have 2 10s and a SICK box it would sound better/louder than 2 18s in a shitty box

I don't really plan on designing the box well.. because I don't fully understand how to still. I was just under the assumption to view this as a good box build.

do 1 18" and tune it to 3hz...then we will see a thread "i cant hear my sub"

Am I dumb for posting something like this?

the reason why you arent really getting any serious answers is because its virtually impossible to tell you which setup will play low notes better.

do 1 18" and tune it to 3hz...then we will see a thread "i cant hear my sub"

Am I dumb for posting something like this?

the reason why you arent really getting any serious answers is because its virtually impossible to tell you which setup will play low notes better.

Gotcha, thanks! I guess i will just have to figure out what sounds best to me then lol.

I need a car audio for dummys book or something

If you have the room for 3 12's or 4 10's...Why couldnt you run 2 15's? Dual 15's seems like the most common amount and size of subwoofers. Most big Suv's can put 4 15's in with no trouble or further modifications. And for alot of cars with bigger trunks you can put 2 15's...I have an 04 Impala SS and I've had 1 15 MTX 9500,2 15 MTX 9500,2 12 MTX 9500,2 15" Memphis Mojos 08

s 1000rms,2 12" Memphis Mojos 08's and I currently use to 15" Memphis CM Cast Mojos on 3bolt motors and each one will handle 1800rms so I've had 2 main types of woofers both in 1 and 2 and both in 12's and 15's and I've been so much happier with my 15's than any other ones. Perfect example is my 2 12" Mojo's were in a built to spec Memphis Vented enclosure tuned at 35hz meaning it dint get any better than that and my 2 15" Mojo's that were the same model as the 12's were in a EXTREMELY TIGHT SEALED enclosure that only gave each sub 1.75cu ft each chamber which was HALF of what the subs needed and even with the 15's being choked to death ina sealed box, it hit every single note 10x better than the 12's could at their best.

Also from experience..Out of everycar I've seen doing massive hairtricks, at least 75% of them were running multpile 15's and 18's. I havent seen crazy hair tricks off just 1 18 either. Running 2 subs In my opinion seems like the best bet because then you can run them together @1ohm and you'd only need 1 amp. Running 3 or 5 subs seems to not make any sense at all because your going to be running some awkard impedence or something too low like who runs .33ohm or .66/.67

I know im not the most knowledgeable person here or even close by any means but just from my prior experiences I've always been happier with 2 15's in every circumstance. They hit lower than 12's and probably IMO shake more shit up. Yea 6 12's and 6000watts would probably be louder than 2 15's on 6000watts but 6 12's isnt an option. Also When I was running 1 15" MTX 9500 Dual 4 on a JBL GTO1200.1 amp that was 1187wrms and was probably putting 800watts to the sub. That single 15" in a prefab vented box on 800watts and a headunit with 2volt preouts in a trunk sub back vent back was noticabley louder than my friend who had 3 10" Alpine Type R's on 1500watts RMS with a 4v headunit and in a Focus HATCHBACK. I had a 15" MTX 8000 in a sealed box on an MTX 421d amp putting like 300watts RMS to the sub lol and since it was in a 97 Ford Probe hatchback and that sub on that rink a dink amp sounded almost just as loud as my 9500 in my trunk all because of the hatchback so I dont think 10's or 12's are you answer and neither is an 18..Open yourself up to some 15's and I think you'll be more than satisified

2004 Impala SS (2 Tone)

Kenwood DDX-512 (Nav,XM,Bluetooth,Ipod)

Optima Yellowtop

240amp PB Alternator

ZZP S2 Volt Booster

Stinger SPV70 Battery(Trunk)

Big 3(x2) Monster 1/0

50ft Monster P400 1/0

Monster I401 2C-4M RCA

Memphis 16-VBF1 Line Driver

Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5" Comps

Memphis 15-MC92 6x9" Rears

15" Memphis CM Mojos

Custom 4.3cube @32hz Enclosure

Digital Deisgns M3a(Black)[email protected]

"Yes I hear you...But can you feel me?"

If you have the room for 3 12's or 4 10's...Why couldnt you run 2 15's? Dual 15's seems like the most common amount and size of subwoofers. Most big Suv's can put 4 15's in with no trouble or further modifications. And for alot of cars with bigger trunks you can put 2 15's...I have an 04 Impala SS and I've had 1 15 MTX 9500,2 15 MTX 9500,2 12 MTX 9500,2 15" Memphis Mojos 08

s 1000rms,2 12" Memphis Mojos 08's and I currently use to 15" Memphis CM Cast Mojos on 3bolt motors and each one will handle 1800rms so I've had 2 main types of woofers both in 1 and 2 and both in 12's and 15's and I've been so much happier with my 15's than any other ones. Perfect example is my 2 12" Mojo's were in a built to spec Memphis Vented enclosure tuned at 35hz meaning it dint get any better than that and my 2 15" Mojo's that were the same model as the 12's were in a EXTREMELY TIGHT SEALED enclosure that only gave each sub 1.75cu ft each chamber which was HALF of what the subs needed and even with the 15's being choked to death ina sealed box, it hit every single note 10x better than the 12's could at their best.

Also from experience..Out of everycar I've seen doing massive hairtricks, at least 75% of them were running multpile 15's and 18's. I havent seen crazy hair tricks off just 1 18 either. Running 2 subs In my opinion seems like the best bet because then you can run them together @1ohm and you'd only need 1 amp. Running 3 or 5 subs seems to not make any sense at all because your going to be running some awkard impedence or something too low like who runs .33ohm or .66/.67

I know im not the most knowledgeable person here or even close by any means but just from my prior experiences I've always been happier with 2 15's in every circumstance. They hit lower than 12's and probably IMO shake more shit up. Yea 6 12's and 6000watts would probably be louder than 2 15's on 6000watts but 6 12's isnt an option. Also When I was running 1 15" MTX 9500 Dual 4 on a JBL GTO1200.1 amp that was 1187wrms and was probably putting 800watts to the sub. That single 15" in a prefab vented box on 800watts and a headunit with 2volt preouts in a trunk sub back vent back was noticabley louder than my friend who had 3 10" Alpine Type R's on 1500watts RMS with a 4v headunit and in a Focus HATCHBACK. I had a 15" MTX 8000 in a sealed box on an MTX 421d amp putting like 300watts RMS to the sub lol and since it was in a 97 Ford Probe hatchback and that sub on that rink a dink amp sounded almost just as loud as my 9500 in my trunk all because of the hatchback so I dont think 10's or 12's are you answer and neither is an 18..Open yourself up to some 15's and I think you'll be more than satisified

Yeah I currently have 1 15" in a ported box and it does great, I like 15's. But I was thinking if I did two I would not have the room, I defiantly would if i were to just do a ported box, but with a 4th order i might not be able to achieve that. A Hairtrick isnt my main goal.. i just kinda threw that in there for fun. This is all going in a hatchback, so behind my back seats if i build the box up all thee way and slope it down it would be close to 10 cubic feet.

Appreciate the help thanks JDubs