Sonic Electronix

Need Help Asap, Stereo Just Got Quite.....

Hey guys,

I need HELP!!!

Heres the low down,

2 - 12'' Alpine Type-X

1- Sundown KAZ 1500.1

2-Deep Cycle Batteries

1- Run of 1/0 Wire

1- Phoenix Gold Amp(for mids and highs)

1- Pioneer Headunit(mid Range Entry Level)

1- Big 3

Ok now the delema..

This morning it was pounding mint, no problems, this truck constantly hits 141, all day everyday. the truck sat at work for the day, and when i got in to go home the stereo was quiter. its still loud, but not wat it was, no window movement, not as much shaking, etc....my battery gauge doesnt move... when the lights are on, nothing dims, HOW EVER, when its crankd and the lights are dimming, the amp light dims..

I need help asaop i want to get this figured out...

Thanx Guys!!!!

wait till tomorrow and see what happens. mine isnt near as loud at night as it is during the day. but voltage is the same either way.

same.....same with cold and hot weather....

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

anybody noe why the amp would dim so much?? thats not an rca issue is it??the sound almost fades when it hu\its the 35hz and below tones...

sounds like bad batteries or alt problem, but if you say the voltage is the same as it was then I dunno? swap rca jacks for sure. double check the voltage @ the amp! Are these dual voice coil woofers? could it be possible that a wire came off of one of the coils? check the subs for a bad or broken lead to the coils. If it is a ported box be sure to check for something covering the port. I know that sounds stupid but you never know?

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

just basic head lights, good idea, but cant think of anything that would draw enough power to significally change the output... and like i sadi i doubt its the alt or bat. because the cabin. head, or brake lights dont dim... we will check rca jacks, and pull the subs out if the problem still prevails....

the subs are dual 2 ohm voice coils, but use a junmpwer instead of 2 voicecoils... but maybe something came loose....