Making sure I did this right...

Dude, I know you are on a budget like everyone else, but get yourself some new damn terminals. That might be part of your problem.

What terminals? My biggest problem is my lack of knowledge, not budget... Tell me what I need, specifically please, in terms a noob like me would understand... When you say terminals I assume you mean something like this. Stinger SHT301 Hpm Stereo Expert Battery Terminals

I have looked into these, but my factory connections that connect to the battery have to slide over the posts, so how would I work that out? I assume just remove factory connections and tie them in??

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

Dude, I know you are on a budget like everyone else, but get yourself some new damn terminals. That might be part of your problem.

What terminals? My biggest problem is my lack of knowledge, not budget... Tell me what I need, specifically please, in terms a noob like me would understand... When you say terminals I assume you mean something like this. Stinger SHT301 Hpm Stereo Expert Battery Terminals

I have looked into these, but my factory connections that connect to the battery have to slide over the posts, so how would I work that out? I assume just remove factory connections and tie them in??

This is what I would get

Something like that will do. Those jaunts with the voltmeter reading on them are just too dang much, and you are never going to use them unless you stand there with the hood of your car open...Spend less on the terminals, and buy yourself a voltage gauge to put inside your car! Make sure you get the right ones for your size of wire though.

Edited by bassinblazer

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

yeah those are just the first ones to pop up when I searched the site, was just making sure we were on the same page about what you were suggesting... But still, how would I attach my factory connections to the battery if the posts are covered?? Thanks!!

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

I appreciate your attempts to help but I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to say. All I really got from that was the black wire going to the top of the motor is not a good ground. There is a factory ground already there, so while it may not be the best ground, it's a ground. Are you just saying locate a better one? And the positive wire (0 gauge from alternator) was hooked to the positive on the battery, and fused @ 300 amps.

Yes find a better bolt on the engine block not the top engine head. You don't wantt to much resistance because it will give problem on your dimming. Get a better battery posts too....

I know it hard to explain about the big 3 upgrade because it too much to understand. You can take your positive wire out because it connected to your starter and get 4 guage wire to connected to the stinger posts new terminal.