Sundown Audio

Best 3k amp for around 350.00+

TIG

Ok so the Hifonics says it requires a 300amp fuse but can I get away with maybe a 60 for burps without hurting anything? This is really the tie breaker on these two amps. I would even consider a different brand amp if it was a good amp and could give me the power I need at 2hom. But yes there is a colossus on here which is my reason for asking and I have done some looking and I see the colossus is nearly 600.00 apposed to the 300.00 tag on the ap so Im guessing their either overprices junk or they are for sure a better amp.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Well yes if I am running the amp daily for hours at a time but for 15 seconds or less I dont see where it should hurt it. I see people doing the same thing with sundown, aq ect...

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

for maybe the 30 millionth time clipping and distortion are 2 different things you can have 90% thd and still not heat up coils

So you can hear a difference of 1% THD compared to .1%? Thank god my ears aren't that sensitive.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

The audiopipe amps are pieces of shit.

They $300 new for a reason.

finally someone wants to prove they're a pos.. lol at least it wasn't me that said it

Nah we all know there is worse, and far better. If I was on a real tight budget, I may consider one. But if I had money to spend, I wouldn't be dropping $300 on a amp that barely does rated at 14.4. I would put it towards a real amp. I would be willing to bet my AQ2200d would give a AP3k a run for its money, easily. Let alone my aq3500d.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

for maybe the 30 millionth time clipping and distortion are 2 different things you can have 90% thd and still not heat up coils

So you can hear a difference of 1% THD compared to .1%? Thank god my ears aren't that sensitive.

With a sub, I don't think anyone could tell you the difference.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Ok so the Hifonics says it requires a 300amp fuse but can I get away with maybe a 60 for burps without hurting anything? This is really the tie breaker on these two amps. I would even consider a different brand amp if it was a good amp and could give me the power I need at 2hom. But yes there is a colossus on here which is my reason for asking and I have done some looking and I see the colossus is nearly 600.00 apposed to the 300.00 tag on the ap so Im guessing their either overprices junk or they are for sure a better amp.

Are you serious? Burps are going to draw more power to peak, not less. So reducing the fuse for burps is a backwards statement. The colossus is a decent amp, and will be a better choice than the AP. Even if it is used.

finally someone wants to prove they're a pos.. lol at least it wasn't me that said it

Nah we all know there is worse, and far better. If I was on a real tight budget, I may consider one. But if I had money to spend, I wouldn't be dropping $300 on a amp that barely does rated at 14.4. I would put it towards a real amp. I would be willing to bet my AQ2200d would give a AP3k a run for its money, easily. Let alone my aq3500d.

The AQ2200D may give the ap3k a run for its money if the ap3k was wired at 4 ohm.

And for TIG's comment, he may be asking for MECA competition of fusing limits.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

The AQ2200D may give the ap3k a run for its money if the ap3k was wired at 4 ohm.

And for TIG's comment, he may be asking for MECA competition of fusing limits.

Gotcha you may be right on the MECA idea. That didn't occur to me. Sure the AQ needs to be wired @ 1 ohm, but with proper electrical it can do .5 daily. Now aways lower ohm loads aren't heard to achieve, not like they used to be.

I was looking into a aq amp but just a little short on the funds and I just got my sub today and my box is ready to be covered so I need an amp soon and not enough time to make the extra cash so Im looking into the hifonics amp and yes I was meaning for meca fusing regulations. I would love to have a nicer amp such as sundown or aq but neither do rated power at 2 ohm and Im not trying to kill a 700.00 amp running it at .5 because quite frankly I don't know enough about them to attempt it which is why Im trying to stay clear of the topic.

I hate country too..

Archived