connetcing 2 sets of components

i want to connect 2 sets of components to the 3rd and 4th rear channel for a 2ohm load will that be safe to do (yes the amp is 2ohm stable in stereo)and i will use passive X-overs in my set up.Does any one have a diaphragm of how to connect this.(is it 2 positives to one channel and two negatives to the same channel but to the negative output of the amp)?

Edited by ham4864

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

well you can connect more than one set of speakers to one channel just by plugging in the wires... for example, many people power two subwoofers off an amplifier that only has one channel (mono block). However, if your plugging in 4 mids and 4 tweets to 2 channels, you might be better off bridging channel 1 and 2 and using that to power the mids and the bridge of 3/4 to power the tweets. im assuming you already have something being powered from those channels though.

doing some reading will help you alot with this particular issue. what kind of amp is it? what kind of components? chances are, those crossovers are going to kill your power, you'd be better off wiring it active and using the high pass filters on the amp itself.

I'm not an "expert" but ill tell you this.. ive run 4 sets of components (16 speakers) off one 4 channel. when you wire it properly, set the gains properly, ensure there is proper power and the amp can handle it... there's nothing that says you can't run more than one set of speakers off one channel.

but wouldn't i be doing a parallel connection if i do it as mentioned above and if the amp is 2ohm stable that would be safe(is it not safe because they are components).

I don't have the amp or the speakers yet I'm just trying to decide what i want to do,but i do want 4 speakers on my rear deck.

I don't know if i want 4 8ohm beymas,four 4ohm coaxial or or 4 4ohm components i just know i want 4 loud speakers back there.

Please help me decide.

Edited by ham4864

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

just parallel two 4ohm coaxials (or splits), per channel, that are 4ohm, so each channel sees 2ohm.

connect the positives on both left speakers to the positive on the amp, connect the negative of both left speakers to the negative speaker connection on the amp, and do the same for the right speakers!

I have no idea what "jconnway" is talking about.

why am i helping you with an active setup if you are going to do this????

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ok your talking about a HUGE difference in speakers here. first off, decide what kind you want, don't worry about the ohms just yet.

coaxials, components, and pro audio speakers are all completely different. i take it your building a custom rear deck? and i take it you also know what each type of speaker is good for? whats your front stage like? in your doors i mean...

i would say stick to one thing. if your going to run 4 loud ass coaxial 6x9s, you don't need crossovers and you can easily wire them to the 2 channels. its super simple bud, wire them together to 2 ohms and then run that one lead into each channel. there are plenty of write-ups about ohms on the forum.

definitely don't mix and match... and i wouldn't really suggest components because you won't hear the tweets unless you angle mount them. the rear window will cancel them out.

Edited by jconnway

just parallel two 4ohm coaxials (or splits), per channel, that are 4ohm, so each channel sees 2ohm.

connect the positives on both left speakers to the positive on the amp, connect the negative of both left speakers to the negative speaker connection on the amp, and do the same for the right speakers!

what are you talking about, thats exactly what i said. just plug it in.. this guy is talking about some kind of difficult wiring when its very simple

what are you talking about, thats exactly what i said. just plug it in.. this guy is talking about some kind of difficult wiring when its very simple

"However, if your plugging in 4 mids and 4 tweets to 2 channels, you might be better off bridging channel 1 and 2 and using that to power the mids and the bridge of 3/4 to power the tweets. im assuming you already have something being powered from those channels though."

as far as I can tell, you were suggesting he run a mono signal to the tweeters, and a mono signal to the mids? lol

"However, if your plugging in 4 mids and 4 tweets to 2 channels, you might be better off bridging channel 1 and 2 and using that to power the mids and the bridge of 3/4 to power the tweets. im assuming you already have something being powered from those channels though."

as far as I can tell, you were suggesting he run a mono signal to the tweeters, and a mono signal to the mids? lol

uhh well what i'm suggesting is he does it as simply as possible. plus if he used the 2 bridged channels he wouldnt need the crossovers. you agree? that just seemed like a simple way to solve this problem...

and these are rear deck speakers who cares if the signal is directional, they're all gonna be playing in the same direction... no imaging necessary its not his doors.

Edited by jconnway