Second Skin Audio

Box design question

SPLVan

i know im new to this forum but ive been watching steve's videos on youtube for quite some time so i finally decided to join his forum. my question is. im planning on building a |-| shaped box with the middle horizontal part housing two 12's that box will be somewhere around 5 cubes. and the two sides which will have 10's in them will be around 1.5 cubes each. my question is. should i build the box so that the box holding the 12' is connected internally to the side boxes(making a total volume around 8 cubes) or just keep them separate. any help is appreciated!

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

AudioPipe APSM-1300 (subs)

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

Still Under Major Construction..

Whoa whoa, what?

You can't mix different sized drivers in the same box if that's what you are getting at.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I wouldn´t recommend mixing woofers EVER, but if you want to do it then try at least doing seperate chambers for the subs, i´ve seen people getting loud that way, there was a guy in this forum that did it with great succes, don´t remember his name right now but he was loud as fuck with 2 10´s and 2 12´s if i remember correctly...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Okay, that pretty much answers my question. I think ill just keep all three boxes separate. Thanks!

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

AudioPipe APSM-1300 (subs)

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

Still Under Major Construction..

Archived