Second Skin Audio

I wanna make a custom BTL

Kian

So i wanna make my Fi BEEFY. I have a 15" BTL and when i blow it its always at the same spot right above the copper on the coil. Is there a stronger recone kit out there? I dont see much talk about custom woofers. also i wanna get a cool looking basket if that's possible. I'm keeping the motor but im up for all other ideas.

You can skip to 4:51 sec to see what im talking about.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

..amps are making so much current that it is shooting the wire off of the former..

there's nothing that you can do about that...the amp(s) are pissing the sub off..how much power are you running and how is it wired?

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Ha .35 daily.. i clamped it at 4011 after rise. Rise = .98

but i think the wires might have touched it was vibrating all over.

I mean this woofer is awesome. it goes thru hell and takes it like a champ.

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

That would be your problem.

Nothing you can do to that man...nothing.

:pardon:

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

Damn. ooo well. Now the question is do i want a dual 1 or a dual 2..

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

8mil former coils should do the trick.

I used to have some DD replacement coils that the former was so sturdy, you could barely budge it when squeezing it. And then you get any other coil- anything else I could find, and you can bend the former with about 1/4 of the force it takes to bend the 8mil+ coil

on super stiff suspension subs like BTLs and DDs, that former has to be very solid, because that is a weak point right between the windings and the triple joint

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

8mil former coils should do the trick.

I used to have some DD replacement coils that the former was so sturdy, you could barely budge it when squeezing it. And then you get any other coil- anything else I could find, and you can bend the former with about 1/4 of the force it takes to bend the 8mil+ coil

on super stiff suspension subs like BTLs and DDs, that former has to be very solid, because that is a weak point right between the windings and the triple joint

It's the thickest material that precision has...a thicker former than what it already is isn't going to solve anything...unless he is rocking the coil in that box mechanically and snapping it, and it's not being induced with the heat or has anything to do with the amp being wired at .35ohms. It is only a single split on the former as well, not dual...

Nobody else has this problem..heck many people have bass raced with 5kw a sub..and burped with over 14kw per sub..and nobody has ever opened the coil.

So, it's either the amp being daily driven at .35ohm and having a shit ton of current induced into wire and softening the former material making it weak..which eventually snaps it. Or the cone assembly is rocking in the box because it is loading weird...

So, it's either the amp being daily driven at .35ohm and having a shit ton of current induced into wire and softening the former material making it weak..which eventually snaps it. Or the cone assembly is rocking in the box because it is loading weird...

yea i agree. The last i benched it think i had 59amps thru the coils. Im just going to order a dual 2.

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

Actually, I double checked with a DD coil I had in the garage that was shredded and had the same issue, just a little more extreme

What is wrong with the coil itself is, the coil windings lay on a single layer former, while above the winding its two layers of former, causing a weak point right between the winding and the dual layer former section.

So basically its just how the coil former is built up- 1 layer at the windings that goes though the whole length of the former, and then dual layer winding and up.

IF the coil will break/crush/split apart, it happens at that point.

Its to hard to have 8 or 4 layers of winding and keep a tight coil gap. The main former is 0.014" while the overall former, both layers is 0.0355"

So basically having two layers above the windings and single layer at the windings, this allows for more coil inside the gap, and not a lot of former in the gap. I hope that makes sense

This is much better than conventional single layer former, or thicker gauge single layer former, but that fact of having two layers above the winding, 1 layer at the winding, if its going to break, that will be its breaking point bottom line

Id say chill out free airing your subs with over peak power, tone down the gain, use a larger box so the suspension can move more freely, or just calm down some lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived