Headlights still dimming...

I would get the big 3 done ASAP. And if that doesn't help check ALL your chassis and frame grounds, alt groud, motor ground, EVERYTHING. Also, throw a MM on your alt one time to see what it is charging at. See what kind of current is ACTUALLY coming out of it.

I plan to redo big 3 when someone who knows what the hell they are doing is available to help me. How do I check my alt with DMM? I do have that !!

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

do you have a bass boost on your amp? and if so is it turned up?

I do, and no it's not.

Here is the thread showing where all my settings are

Everything is the same except the electrical and enclosure, those have changed since then.

Edited by akrja_07

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

do you have a bass boost on your amp? and if so is it turned up?

I do, and no it's not.

Here is the thread showing where all my settings are

Everything is the same except the electrical and enclosure, those have changed since then.

ok, cause on my system i had the dimming and voltage drop and when i turned the bass boost all the way down my problem stopped

Thanks! But yeah, on my amp it's just a switch that goes from 0-8 db, it set on 0.

I just got a PM from a member offering a Kinetik HC2000 for $140... Wanting to see if you all thought about this, along with re doing my big 3 in the very near future would this solve my problem?

It is a cheap eBay alternator, came with stats that stated 80 amps @ 800 RPM, 125 amps @ 1200RPM and I think 160 @ 3000 RPM. But I needed to replace my stock 80 amp anyways because it was going bad so I just put a little extra into this, figure it would be much better than the stock 80 amp.

I idle at 14.4 with everything off, if the subs are on it drops immediately to the low 12's, but if I put the RPMs to about 1000 is stays at about 13 volts. No big 3, tried that and dimming just got worse, Do plan to redo when I find someone to help me. And I'm sorry but I don't know what a voltage regulator is, so no, I don't think I have one if it's something aftermarket.

where is your amp ground bolted to?

edit: also, your big 3 ground to the little flimsy piece of metal on the body is a TERRIBLE ground. change it to the strut tower and sand off all the paint off of the metal.

Edited by Kranny